OTA News and Notes

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Jags said:

This kinda WR group makes me look at teams like the Patriots and a few other contenders and they say hey we don't have a true number 1 standout top 16 WR, but we have a bunch of mismatches and tough guys who are good at what they specialize in and they're going to fight for every yard. 

Yea the kind of guys that might not get the ball on the #1 CB if he is Top-20 himself but we would have great matchups vs the slot/dime guy

11 hours ago, iPwn said:

Really should be big for us, if he can be a serious presence.  Didn't really have that type of guy last year.  Old Marcedes just didn't have it anymore as a receiver.  Not surprised that ASJ indeed looks like a big upgrade as a receiver though.  It's the blocking facet where i'm not sure what we're going to get out of this TE group with Marcedes gone.  He lent a good deal of unheralded help to our line, and that's pretty important too.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love the positive talk about ASJ and i even liked his quite a bit before the draft but he has done nothing in the NFL to make me feel like this is just 100% OTA talk and no substance will come of it in September

He was very solid in NYJ this past season.

I'm pretty sure I've posted the video of him talking about his off field troubles several times. I'd say that plays a pretty big role.

Not to mention he's still very young.

Archived