OTA News and Notes

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

We're behind the 49ers, Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs (with freaking Mahomes) and one spot ahead of the Ravens. Full on disrespect.

Yeah...none of them should be ahead of us. People are huge on Garrapolo now though so I get them, but the rest is wtf worthy.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

We're behind the 49ers, Chargers, Cowboys, Chiefs (with freaking Mahomes) and one spot ahead of the Ravens. Full on disrespect.

Yea I just dont get it. We finished Top-4 last year and while i agree there are a few that finished behind us that should be given better odds but not 13 other teams

On 02/06/2018 at 8:15 AM, iPwn said:

Pretty much. And we don’t exactly have someone who can replicate the smash mouth style we want to impose on teams if Fournette goes down. 

Yeah.  That's what's a bit tenuous about it.  This offense (and team really) is built so much around going out and punching them in the mouth.  Without Fournette...the ability to pull that off takes a pretty significant hit.  It's a lot riding on one player (who couldn't stay completely healthy) at a position that takes a beating, with a style that invites punishment.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:39 AM, iPwn said:

This is concerning.  When it comes to something like Punting, consistency is pretty big on the list of important traits.  But that's where going with a rookie to shave a few dollars over the reliable ol' vet can bite you.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:39 AM, iPwn said:

That's good.  That's what Moncrief was brought here to do.  If he and Bortles can built up some trust and chemistry, that could be a really good combo for us.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:41 AM, iPwn said:

I'm hoping this is just phrased oddly, or sensationalizing...but it makes it sound like the defense is having some issues without Poz.  Presumably on the mental/alignment/details front?  Which is not good.

On 02/06/2018 at 9:01 AM, iPwn said:

Makes sense.  That's what Chark seemed to excel at with LSU.  Run down the sideline real fast, and use size/reach to catch the ball.

On 02/06/2018 at 9:02 AM, iPwn said:

Interesting.  Greene pretty much has to have a stellar camp/preseason to make this somewhat crowded WR group.  I wonder if he's improved at all as a ST player/return man/something to keep him in the conversation for one of those depth WR spots.

4 hours ago, iPwn said:

xB9oGyM.gif

I ain't that offended tbh.  Our QB is still Blake Bortles, and that makes it a lot harder to trust.  Especially when the team has been awful for like a decade...it can be tougher to win people over to trust that it's not just a fluke.

Archived