2018 OTA's

AKRNA

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah I agree we can get info on scheme change, etc.   For teams putting in new O schemes there’s definitely new info.    It’s also why you don’t see many vets miss voluntary OTA with a new scheme being put in the situations where this happens are with existing schemes (PIT & Le’veon Bell might be the only exception shows how bad things are there between team & player there).  

The focus news-wise though is almost always on the players which is for the most part just noise except for the aforementioned areas.   I do also think Lynch is showing so little 3rd QB seems likely.  

What about Kelly is he going to be an option at #2?  Or is he getting the job because Lynch is playing poorly.  Cause if that’s true we’re one injury away from being super bad on offense again

27 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

What about Kelly is he going to be an option at #2?  Or is he getting the job because Lynch is playing poorly.  Cause if that’s true we’re one injury away from being super bad on offense again

We cut the other QB this week so Kelly / Lynch are our guys.  I don’t think we can know at all if Kelly is ready.  Cap wise though we have such little room to get a plan B.  So we are pot committed to our backups as is. 

So yeah as much as I’m not sure what Keenum is for us long term things likely get a lot worse this year if he goes down.   Again though, I don’t consider us as serious 2018 contenders - so the tenuous 2018 QB situation behind Keenum doesn’t faze me. I’m more concerned if Keenum is the long term answer for 2019+.   If he is then great; if not then man I hope Kelly shows something.   Just no way we can bank on that.  I’d be happy if he could be a solid cheap backup from 2019+ .   

9 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

I've got the same question about half a dozen of our rookies that have seen snaps with the 1st team. Are they that good or are our veterans that bad?

In keeping with my spring optimism I'll go with the former. 

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I've got the same question about half a dozen of our rookies that have seen snaps with the 1st team. Are they that good or are our veterans that bad?

In keeping with my spring optimism I'll go with the former. 

I think its more to do with keeping the veterans fresh for training camp and the season.

45 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I wonder if Lindsay and Holland make the team as UDFA’s. With Ray hurt, I think Holland has a good shot. 

Holland is a lock IMO if he plays well.  Barrett & Ray are likely both gone after 2018.   I don’t think Elway will risk losing Holland by putting him on the PS if he flashes in the preseason.  

Lindsay fits more the scat-back / return back we need.   Being a RB though could get stashed on the PS.  It’s such a devalued position.   Lindsay would have to be good enough IMO to beat D-Henderson to be secure.   Booker and Freeman are locks.   Both Henderson and Lindsay can return KO’s IIRC, Lindsay being a bigger threat there.  

The thing that works in Lindsay’s favor is Booker is the only threat in pass catching, Freeman is more a 2-down hammer.  So the 3rd RB has to be a pass catching weapon and not just serviceable.   Now that also means pass protection is crucial.    Lindsay vs.  D-Henderson will be one very legit battle in the PS.   Williams seems destined for the PS barring injury.  

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Whats going on with Gotsis? I read on bleacher they have one more day to charge him is this true?

There’s no set requirement - more that apparently the DA told Gotsis’s lawyer they would likely make a decision within 90 days.   But they can take longer if they so choose - it’s not like the justice system moves that swiftly.  

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There’s no set requirement - more that apparently the DA told Gotsis’s lawyer they would likely make a decision within 90 days.   But they can take longer if they so choose - it’s not like the justice system moves that swiftly.  

Dang lol thought he was in the clear. Whats your thoughts on it ? Does the length of the time it takes the chargers to be filled make it more likely he gets off? I mean without physical evidence it's gonna be hard for a conviction. Especially waiting 5 years to come forward. 

What was that packers tes name in the 90s whos career ended because of a rape conviction?

On 6/16/2018 at 9:58 AM, BroncoBruin said:

I've heard they really like David Williams' pass protection ability for a rookie. Not sure what Lindsay has to offer there, though I suspect it wouldn't be much. Something to keep in mind. 

I pointed this out after we drafted him that pass protection was about all I saw on tape that really stood out. 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Dang lol thought he was in the clear. Whats your thoughts on it ? Does the length of the time it takes the chargers to be filled make it more likely he gets off? I mean without physical evidence it's gonna be hard for a conviction. Especially waiting 5 years to come forward. 

What was that packers tes name in the 90s whos career ended because of a rape conviction?

I don’t think anyone can say with any degree of certainty.   It’s not like we have the info.   Just have to wait it out.  

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Mark Chmura?

Granted it's just OTA's but man I've been reading a LOT of reports/comments coming out about Josey Jewell. A dollar says he'll be starting by the end of the season. Which would be fantastic; Marshall and Davis both suck so it would be nice to upgrade one of them. 

9 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Granted it's just OTA's but man I've been reading a LOT of reports/comments coming out about Josey Jewell. A dollar says he'll be starting by the end of the season. Which would be fantastic; Marshall and Davis both suck so it would be nice to upgrade one of them. 

I agree, I've turned into a bit of a fan of his. He'd be great in the base D and pairing he and Cravens in a sub package would provide far better RB/TE coverage from the LB group than we've had for years.

Archived