Preseason, Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Seahawks (0-0)

swede700

Game 2

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif   at NFL_Seahawks.gif

When:  10:00 PM EST August 18th

Where: CenturyLink Field (Seattle, WA)

TV/Radio: NFL Network (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: 4:00 AM EST, August 19th, 12:00 PM EST, August 19th, and 1:00 PM EST, August 22nd

Announcers: Curt Menefee, Brock Huard (Seattle), Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Minnesota)

Coverage Map:  TBD

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Seahawks - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

bud.gif

Definitely need to see Riley Reiff play this week. Rashod Hill wasn't necessarily terrible against Buffalo but he got beat very often around the edge (as did Remmers, a much more concerning if not unexpected observation).

The second team D-line impressed in general last week, I want to see if someone like Odenigbo or Bower noticeably stands out this time around.

So far Stacy Coley is winning the WR competition by a respectable margin IMO, but I wonder if Rodney Adams will put together a more consistent performance this time around. I still think it may be in the team's best interest to keep both of them over Jarius Wright, but we'll see as time goes on.

I expect Heinicke to get the second team reps this week in place of Keenum, but after a relatively ugly performance last week he's going to have to really impress here in order to keep his name in the conversation.

I'd like to see our starting offense move down the field and put some points on the board.

And our defense needs to continue working on stopping the run.

Winning doesn't mean much in the preseason, but looking the part does and we didn't do that in the first half against Buffalo.

Aside from an injury free game, I'd like to see both of those things improve. That to me is a win in the preseason.

11 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Like to see both Treadwell and Reiff play this Friday. 

I hope so, too.  I also would like to see Bradford try more downfield throws, instead of check-offs way short of the 1st down marker, on 3rd down and long.  I'd also like to see him step forward into the pocket more, and look for other options, instead of taking a sack, or dumping off after only a couple seconds, if his #1 option isn't open.  I'd also like to see Heinecke not panic, and have more composure.  I'd like to see more of Coley.  He looked good.  I'd like to see both the starting and second offensive line groups play a lot better than Game 1.  I'd like to see both units drive forward, giving Cook and Ham time to get some momentum going before any contact.  I'd like to see both the 1st and 2nd defensive units read plays better and plug up the holes faster on running plays.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I would actually like to see less veterans that are going to start on this team play in this game.

While I understand the notion, I don't think the starters have validated themselves enough to warrant being able to sit...especially offensively.  I'd be okay with seeing almost all the starters on defense sitting, but the offensive players have a long way to go.  

Archived