Preseason, Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Seahawks (0-0)

swede700

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only thing that makes sense as to why Pasztor is still a free agent is that there's some sort of undisclosed medical issue that he's dealing with, ala Mike Harris. 

Hes simply too good to not be on a roster. 

I think the ex-Browns factor is more of an issue than an undisclosed medical problem.  I liked his potential when he was here the first time, but he's played for 2 terrible teams since then, which probably took some of the shine off.  xD

9 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I think the ex-Browns factor is more of an issue than an undisclosed medical problem.  I liked his potential when he was here the first time, but he's played for 2 terrible teams since then, which probably took some of the shine off.  xD

Playing for a bad team doesn't make you a bad player. Pasztor was very, very good in Cleveland, as was their offensive line in general. 

But, by your logic, Joe Thomas wouldn't be wanted by anyone either. 

2 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Agreed.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Boone off the team next year when there is no cap hit for cutting him.  I think we may need to spend our top 3 picks this year on OL because we have decent depth, but outside of Rieff and Elflein/Easton I don't see any starters on our roster for next season.  I don't see Boone, Berger, or Remmers being on the roster next season.

Amen. I have no qualms with Rick spending almost every pick on offensive line in the 2018 draft. Let's say we lose five offensive lineman: Berger will retire; we cut Boone, Beavers, Sirles, and Clemmings. I'd want Slick Rick to draft a replacement for each before even looking at drafting another position. On day 3, draft some offensive line depth/projects. Let's nip this in the bud.

Hate the 9pm start but since it's preseason, the starters should be out by 10pm.

You can yank Bradford after 3-4 series but keep the line in-tact for the first half. I want to see them get used to playing with each other now rather than wait until the regular season to do it. Given they won't play at all in game 4, playing at least a full game between game 2 and 3 will do.

13 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Hate the 9pm start but since it's preseason, the starters should be out by 10pm.

You can yank Bradford after 3-4 series but keep the line in-tact for the first half. I want to see them get used to playing with each other now rather than wait until the regular season to do it. Given they won't play at all in game 4, playing at least a full game between game 2 and 3 will do.

I don't know if I'd leave Bradford in that long, dependent on what line we put out tonight. If we don't have 4 out of 5 guys that are projected to be our starters, and if those guys are a sieve, then we should pull Bradford so he doesn't get completely roughed up.

If/when Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs ever leaves Minnesota, he could be destined for the place he’ll be playing tonight.

With his team in Seattle for a game against the Seahawks, Diggs will be rocking Starbucks cleats, via SportsBusiness Daily. The shoes, made by Nike and designed by Mache Custom Kicks, look like a cup of Starbucks coffee. The shoes also include his name written on the cup, and spelled incorrectly. (“Digz.”)

Said Diggs on Twitter: “My love for Starbucks is a 4ever thing.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/18/stefon-diggs-to-wear-starbucks-cleats-tonight/

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Sometimes, Florio is annoying. Someone's love of a brand of coffee doesn't mean he wants to go to where the company is headquartered.

That's like saying anyone who loves money should sign with Washington.

Sometimes? Florio is usually annoying. Sometimes he's down right unbearable. 

Archived