2018 OTA Talk

18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm wondering what personnel decision this year will irritate me the most that Marvin makes:

• Playing LaFell over Ross/Boyd
  • Playing Michael Johnson at DE over Willis/Lawson
  • Playing Vinny Rey at all

I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 2 of those 3 to happen.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:
19 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm wondering what personnel decision this year will irritate me the most that Marvin makes:

• Playing LaFell over Ross/Boyd
  • Playing Michael Johnson at DE over Willis/Lawson
  • Playing Vinny Rey at all

I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 2 of those 3 to happen.

Oh yeah, those are all happening.  At least at the beginning of the year.  I can't imagine a scenario where Lafell doesn't start day 1.  I can imagine Johnson not starting, but think it's still likely he does.  Vinny is definitely going to play.  Maybe not start, but he'll see the field the quite a bit.  Especially with Burfict out to start the season.

18 minutes ago, theJ said:

Vinny is definitely going to play.  Maybe not start, but he'll see the field the quite a bit.  Especially with Burfict out to start the season.

This is what's going to annoy me the most.  Preston Brown, Vigil, and Evans should be our starters.  With Malik being first off the bench IMO.  Hoping Vigil makes a jump this season.  I'm going to be mad when Rey starts over Evans.

Rey should be 5th, and when Burfict comes back 6th option.  Heck, we should be signing more LBs so he's not even on the roster...

Man, I know we don't invest premium picks at linebacker that often so it's not expected to be a position overflowing with talent, but boy do we suck at developing them.

Maualuga, Dawson, Lamur, Dimanche, Flowers, Rey, Minter, Dansby, Hawk, Porter, Moch. The bolded we recruited in FA.

Burfict has been our only quality starter for the past half decade. Hopefully Preston Brown brings something to the table, but he doesn't seem like a guy who we want on the field in passing situations; which is what ---- +70% of the time?

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’d like to think it came up during one of Mike Browns monthly suggestion box meetings. 

Nah.  He browses this site.  I had us trading McCarron for him before the arbitrator deemed him an U-RFA.  You definitely nailed the details  (trading back and acquiring Glenn).  Either way we are all glad it worked out

30 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Nah.  He browses this site.  I had us trading McCarron for him before the arbitrator deemed him an U-RFA.  You definitely nailed the details  (trading back and acquiring Glenn).  Either way we are all glad it worked out

I sent it in to Hobson too and he posted it. I’m sure Mike Brown reads every word Hobson writes before he posts anything 

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Word is Lawson is a full time DE now (and ridiculously jacked).  I hope he is the starter at RE

It either has to be him or Jordan Willis.  Depends how they feel about Lawson defending the run.  He definitely looks like he can do it now.

Michael Johnson can't start again.  He probably shouldn't even make the team.

To me it doesn't matter who starts.  They're both going to play a ton.  Honestly i'd move Dunlap inside on passing downs and play them both at LE and RE.  I'd move Dunlap inside since the only thing he wants to do in pass rush situations is jump anyway.

They also have to figure out how to get Sam Hubbard on the field too.

Archived