2018 OTA Talk

2 hours ago, theJ said:

What degree are you getting?

Just finishing up my firefighter/paramedic degree since I only have a few more classes. It’s just an associates. I was never a fan of school but now that promotions are on the horizon I am scrambling to get this done 

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Getting sick of these Ogbeuhi career revival fluff pieces. I think I speak for the entire fan base when I say I’ll believe it when I see it 

Yeah he's gonna suck forever.  Sorry Oggy fans.

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Just finishing up my firefighter/paramedic degree since I only have a few more classes. It’s just an associates. I was never a fan of school but now that promotions are on the horizon I am scrambling to get this done 

That's cool.  School changes when you're older too.  There's a purpose to it, so it makes it easier to work hard at it.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:23 AM, theJ said:

hate the dead period

anyone read any good books lately?

I was on vacation last week.  Tried to read a little bit for the first time in a few years, but didn't get very far.  I used to read a lot, but home ownership has me pretty much either working in the yard or exhausted.

You guys think Auden Tate makes the team? Obviously we have to see him play still but early reviews plus his unexpected draft fall sound positive. Could be a legit red zone target. Even A.J. Green is talking him up and he usually doesn’t do that. 

10 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

You guys think Auden Tate makes the team? Obviously we have to see him play still but early reviews plus his unexpected draft fall sound positive. Could be a legit red zone target. Even A.J. Green is talking him up and he usually doesn’t do that. 

Hard to say.  I think his fate is tied to Phillips' ability to take the returner's job ffrom Erickson, or how the young guys look in comparison to LaFell.  If the young guys can overtake LaFell, the spot goes to Tate.  If Erickson gets beat out, then tate sticks, because as much asI like Erickson's grit, we aren't keeping three guys for the slot (Ross, Boyd).  I think Core is toast either way., barring injuries.

If Tate sticks, he could allow the team to go light at TE by only keeping Eifert, Kroft and either Hewitt or Uzomah.  Tate could act as the flex TE/WR in the lineup.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:05 PM, johndeere1707 said:

Out of the late round/UDFA guys, he probably has the best shot.  He has to continue to make noise in the preseason, and avoid injury though.  One 3 week injury during camp and he's toast.  If he goes all preseason without catching a few touchdowns or making some plays, he's toast.

Jake Kumerow is a good example of a guy who splashed during mini-camps, but could never do much during preseason and ultimately never made the team.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived