Green Bay Signs TE Marcedes Lewis

Broncofan

On 5/24/2018 at 9:06 PM, iPwn said:

Slow and not a good every play receiver. But he's a great teammate, a fantastic blocker, and a solid red zone threat. Wish him the best going forward.

Pretty much.  I'd anticipate we're going to see a bit more "12" personnel sets although we're going to see Graham flanked out as a WR in more cases than not IMO.  Lewis should get more burn than Richard Rodgers or Lance Kendricks did before the Bennett blow up.

15 hours ago, the lone star said:

@Broncofan, thanks for breaking the news. However, it's spelled Marcedes and not Mercedes.

Well really it should be Subaru or Honda Lewis - reliable, safe, durable, but not elite-level, top-shelf luxury item, and certainly no power or breakaway speed.  

But in the meantime....fixed.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, CWood21 said:

Pretty much.  I'd anticipate we're going to see a bit more "12" personnel sets although we're going to see Graham flanked out as a WR in more cases than not IMO.  Lewis should get more burn than Richard Rodgers or Lance Kendricks did before the Bennett blow up.

Has Philbin ever played his Tight Ends out wide? I have to imagine Graham will be used a lot like how Jermichael Finley was used, but I don't remember if he actually ever lined up as a WR.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:34 PM, Broncofan said:

Well really it should be Subaru or Honda Lewis - reliable, safe, durable, but not elite-level, top-shelf luxury item, and certainly no power or breakaway speed.  

But in the meantime....fixed.

Volvo is more like it then.

lol, but thanks!

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Has Philbin ever played his Tight Ends out wide? I have to imagine Graham will be used a lot like how Jermichael Finley was used, but I don't remember if he actually ever lined up as a WR.

In some sets I'm sure Finley did.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Finley got snaps outside.

Finley lined up all over.  Recall his contract issue before he got injured.  The team was looking to transition or franchise tag him at TE money and he and his agent were arguing for WR money.  I looked it up and they signed a 2 year deal averaging the two.  So there is history of moving these types of TEs around in the McCarthy/Philbin offense.  Now if a 31 year old Graham can do what a 24-25 year old Jermichael could do remains to be seen, I would bet that they try though.  

Seems like a good pickup.  Kinda sad to see he's not going to pull off the whole "lifetime Jaguar" thing, but he's still got football to play.  He's still a very solid blocking TE, who can get out and catch the ball now and then as well.  Just don't expect him to move all that quickly or anything.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:48 PM, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Finley lined up all over.  Recall his contract issue before he got injured.  The team was looking to transition or franchise tag him at TE money and he and his agent were arguing for WR money.  I looked it up and they signed a 2 year deal averaging the two.  So there is history of moving these types of TEs around in the McCarthy/Philbin offense.  Now if a 31 year old Graham can do what a 24-25 year old Jermichael could do remains to be seen, I would bet that they try though.  

Even if they don't think that he can do what Finley did athletically, Jimmy Graham isn't much of an in-line blocker.  Add on the Marcedes Lewis signing, and I'd be surprised if we don't see him flexed out quite a bit.

Archived