Boba Fett to be directed by James Mangold

Acgott

11 hours ago, MathMan said:

agreed 

then after han solo, boba fett, jar jars, and maybe gen ackabrs solo movies, they could have their first team-up movie.

No, no. I cant bare the thought of an Ackbar movie where a purple headed Margerate Thatcher runs in and steals all the heroic scenes just because......

I feel like beyond Obi Wan, Han Solo, and Boba Fett (who I'm not all that interested in), there aren't any characters I want to see a solo movie for. Honestly, as bad as a Jar Jar movie would be, he might be the next most interesting character. I saw someone on Twitter freaking out (so I was on Twitter), because they were doing a Boba Fett solo movie before Princess Leia. But, there are a few reasons I'm not interested in a Princess Leia movie, first, wouldn't work without Carrie Fisher or it would have to be while she's a kid, because we''d be comparing the actress otherwise. Second, do we want another Star Wars politician based movie, we had those in the prequel trilogy. I don't want a C3PO movie, I don't want a Luke movie, two hours of shooting womp rats would get boring. So an Ewok movie (blech), or a Wookie movie, no thanks. Han and Leia romcom around when they are married... so many bad Star Wars movie ideas.

10 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I feel like beyond Obi Wan, Han Solo, and Boba Fett (who I'm not all that interested in), there aren't any characters I want to see a solo movie for. Honestly, as bad as a Jar Jar movie would be, he might be the next most interesting character. I saw someone on Twitter freaking out (so I was on Twitter), because they were doing a Boba Fett solo movie before Princess Leia. But, there are a few reasons I'm not interested in a Princess Leia movie, first, wouldn't work without Carrie Fisher or it would have to be while she's a kid, because we''d be comparing the actress otherwise. Second, do we want another Star Wars politician based movie, we had those in the prequel trilogy. I don't want a C3PO movie, I don't want a Luke movie, two hours of shooting womp rats would get boring. So an Ewok movie (blech), or a Wookie movie, no thanks. Han and Leia romcom around when they are married... so many bad Star Wars movie ideas.

I'm still holding out hope for a Darth Maul one, but doubt it ever happens.

36 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm still holding out hope for a Darth Maul one, but doubt it ever happens.

Give me a R-rated Sith-oriented film please... Star Wars doesn't have to be PG films only... there's too much potential and the market is self-evident.

I don't think they should even do solo movies honestly.  Just do trilogies.  If you want to explore solo stories, have an HBO Original Series. 

Also, Disney is never making an R-Rated Star Wars movie.  Star Wars movies are not made for the box office, they are made for ancillary markets.  You're not going to get a bunch of kids buying a bunch of toys from a movie that they can't watch. 

Archived