Boba Fett to be directed by James Mangold

Acgott

5 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

How would it be pg13. He is a bounty hunter, he kills people for money. Unless he is only capturing, which would be lame.

Capturing? That's oppression!!! That does not fly in Kathleen Kennedy's uber politically correct world of Star Wars.

Boba Fett will basically be Peter Pan.

44 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Capturing? That's oppression!!! That does not fly in Kathleen Kennedy's uber politically correct world of Star Wars.

Boba Fett will basically be Peter Pan.

Isn't killing politically incorrect as well? Unless their wearing blue?

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Depends on who you talk to I suppose, given various public opinion.

I don't like what Disney is doing to this franchise.

No one was going to like what Disney did even if they made great movies, people love to complain and see the flaws in media they have nostalgia for (they've made solid ones) the sequel trilogy was only made to get new and old fans on board as a familiar launching point/obvious way to go/biggest moneymaker and to give them time to figure out what their plans for the long term future of the franchise are.

Gonna rant about star wars movies/shows that are rumored/in development. 

Star Wars resistance, headed by Dave Filoni and it's gonna be anime inspired supposedly debuting this fall and not on the Disney streaming service....Sure why not.

Jon Favreau live action TV series for the streaming service, I'm 90% sure this is post ROTJ which means no Jedi but should at the very least be solid.

Episode 9......Oh boy I do not envy Abrams doing Ep.9 without Mark Hamil/Carrie Fischer... after where TLJ left off....that's gonna be a tough act to follow/salvage. 

Obi Wan movie seems like a terrible idea in concept even if it would be popular, it's probably the next movie after episode 9. 

Boba Fett movie? Meh. With Mangold writing and directing? Should be solid at least provided he doesn't get kicked off midway through.

Rian Johnson's new trilogy, I actually like the TLJ even if is a bit clunky. Assuming this actually gets made I can't wait to see what he ends up doing. 

Solo Sequel/Lando Movie, I'm all for a Lando movie with Donald Glover but a solo sequel....please no. 

D.B Weiss/ Benioff  (GOT show-runners) movie series, I'm kind of surprised they announced this so early and we're not seeing this until 2022 at the earliest. Hoping this is KOTOR or Mandalorian Wars. 

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Rian Johnson's new trilogy, I actually like the TLJ even if is a bit clunky. Assuming this actually gets made I can't wait to see what he ends up doing.

I think Rian is an amazing story teller, especially in terms of character development and intertwining it with what is going on in the plot. Giving him the reigns to his own set instead of the in between of Abram's flicks should see any clunkiness dissipate. 

5 hours ago, OleXmad said:

No one was going to like what Disney did even if they made great movies, people love to complain and see the flaws in media they have nostalgia for (they've made solid ones) the sequel trilogy was only made to get new and old fans on board as a familiar launching point/obvious way to go/biggest moneymaker and to give them time to figure out what their plans for the long term future of the franchise are.

Great movies can lessen the b!tching though. Prime example is Infinity War.

Jon Favreau live action TV series for the streaming service, I'm 90% sure this is post ROTJ which means no Jedi but should at the very least be solid.

It could be great. People always love sci-fi dramas whether they have Jedi or not. Example all Star Trek, SG1, BSG, even Firefly which was considered a flop is considered to have a cult following.

Episode 9......Oh boy I do not envy Abrams doing Ep.9 without Mark Hamil/Carrie Fischer... after where TLJ left off....that's gonna be a tough act to follow/salvage. 

It may not be. It would take a real moron like the last director to just do w/e they without regards to the last film. Some more detailed explains on some characters, some minor ones for others, some actual adjustment period like Rey not being all powerful and actually have to work for what she has. So maybe set this one 5 or 10 years in the future. And you could address the vast majority of the problems from the last one and salvage the trilogy while still telling a great ending. I do trust Abrams to do that much. I'm not expecting great, but im expecting solid at least with loose ends tied up. If not then I am just done with Disney Star Wars.

Obi Wan movie seems like a terrible idea in concept even if it would be popular, it's probably the next movie after episode 9. 

I think if they made it more of a PG-13 movie and close to R like rating I think it could be a phenomenal art film of sorts. Like Logan where Ben is coming to terms with everything that has happened and him facing Vader at the very end of the movie to give that scene even more depth.

Boba Fett movie? Meh. With Mangold writing and directing? Should be solid at least provided he doesn't get kicked off midway through.

I agree this movie will either be very bad, or just straight up laughable. I can only imagine Kennedy giving him a "politically correct" code of honor or some sh!t like that, and maybe only showing him kill like one person in the movie. Like at the very end to show that he's still a bounty hunter.

Solo Sequel/Lando Movie, I'm all for a Lando movie with Donald Glover but a solo sequel....please no. 

Solo movie was solid. But it was like the remake of Nightmare on Elm St. He is solid. But people want the original, people identify Solo with Harrison Ford, he's that iconic. Glover could get away with being Lando although I didn't see what was special about him either.

D.B Weiss/ Benioff  (GOT show-runners) movie series, I'm kind of surprised they announced this so early and we're not seeing this until 2022 at the earliest. Hoping this is KOTOR or Mandalorian Wars.

Yeeaaaaa might wanna give up on KOTOR. Disney already said it isn't canon. I know it's dumb. Most of them are.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:15 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

How would it be pg13. He is a bounty hunter, he kills people for money. Unless he is only capturing, which would be lame.

Diego Luna’s character murdered an ally in cold blood in Rogue One.  Boba Fett could kill ppl in a PG-13 movie.  Prolly more than you’d think if the characters are wearing gear that looks like armor.  Think of all the stormtroopers that were  killed in the original trilogy.  

The problem is that some fans are so into ridiculously over the top graphic violence like John Wick and Deadpool that it’ll never be violent enough. 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

The most bloated and overrated character ever. He was like instakilled but people act like he's space batman. 

This.  He’s by far the most overrated character in pop culture.  He always looked awesome but he was completely incompetent.  I loved how George Lucas killed Jango Fett so clearly to shut up all the Fettboys.  I was dyin in the theatre when Mace murked him.  ?

Boba Fett should have been the villain in the Han Solo movie. 

@Disney, just come out and say that Solo sucked, that it doesn't count, that you're going to try again.  Don't make the Boba Fett movie, and instead make the Han Solo movie over again with a different actor (one that can act) playing Han Solo, make Boba Fett the villain, and save your Star Wars brand. 

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Boba Fett should have been the villain in the Han Solo movie. 

@Disney, just come out and say that Solo sucked, that it doesn't count, that you're going to try again.  Don't make the Boba Fett movie, and instead make the Han Solo movie over again with a different actor (one that can act) playing Han Solo, make Boba Fett the villain, and save your Star Wars brand. 

It definitely would have been better to not have a throw away villain and instead explore a personal fued between those two. Or hell bring back Darth Maul for the entire movie.

Yeah, I always liked the way Han was afraid of Boba Fett in Return of the Jedi.  The way he kept asking Chewie, "Boba Fett?  BOBA FETT?"  I always got the sense that Han had a longstanding rivalry or past with Fett, and I feel like watching those two go at it would have made the way Han accidentally knocked him into the pit even better.  Disney just needs to hire me.

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

The problem is that some fans are so into ridiculously over the top graphic violence like John Wick and Deadpool that it’ll never be violent enough. 

Erm, that's not it. Before the Disney acquisition there was a ton of graphic content in the Star Wars canon.. Sith that used swords instead of lightsabers because they liked the "visceral feel", Force-torture etc etc.

Limiting the universe to PG13 content is like taking zombies and saying violence is okay but graphic violence is a no-go. Would be a big waste.

Has the potential to be a great movie that explains how Fett became so feared in the galaxy as a prominent bounty hunter. But, like others have pointed out, if it's rated PG-13, I feel like ultimately it will fall short of what it should be.

We also need to add in the context that Fett became who he was after seeing the Jedi straight up decapitate his father in the Clone Wars. There's no reason to believe that he doesn't become ruthless after that, especially also given that Vader makes it a point that he wants Solo captured alive (and I believe he specifically points to Fett in that scene, too).

Archived