Marcedes Lewis in the fold!

cooters22

MM on ML:

"His ability to cut off and anchor on a block and maintain at the line of scrimmage has been impressive," said head coach Mike McCarthy in his press conference Thursday morning. "Frankly, we haven't really had that here with a man of his size and ability."

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

MM on ML:

"His ability to cut off and anchor on a block and maintain at the line of scrimmage has been impressive," said head coach Mike McCarthy in his press conference Thursday morning. "Frankly, we haven't really had that here with a man of his size and ability."

Nice post SD.

On a serious note. I'm more excited for Lewis than I ever thought I would be.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Nice post SD.

On a serious note. I'm more excited for Lewis than I ever thought I would be.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ahhhhhh....thats good to know Norm :)

It's mid August....Norm gets excited for large men.  Especially blocking TE.

"Marcedes Lewis has seen a lot during his 12-year NFL career, but still never has experienced anything quite like Family Night. "

"After all, it’s not every day more than 64,000 file into a stadium to watch practice.

“Man, that was something different. I don’t know what this is,” said Lewis, smiling. “I’ve never been a part of anything like this; a stadium packed like this just for a practice. I can’t wait until the season starts.”

Lewis played his whole career in Jville, where they had to put tarps over all the empty seats they couldn't fill on gameday

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Marcedes Lewis has seen a lot during his 12-year NFL career, but still never has experienced anything quite like Family Night. "

"After all, it’s not every day more than 64,000 file into a stadium to watch practice.

“Man, that was something different. I don’t know what this is,” said Lewis, smiling. “I’ve never been a part of anything like this; a stadium packed like this just for a practice. I can’t wait until the season starts.”

Lewis played his whole career in Jville, where they had to put tarps over all the empty seats they couldn't fill on gameday

In fairness, the stadium holds 69,000 with the tarps in place. 82,000 without the tarps would be huge. 

Lambeau is just over 80 k and I think it's the # 3 stadium behind giants and cowboys

The Jags average attendance has risen slowly in recent years, peaking at 64,000 per game for last season

Which is the announced attendance for the Packers practice...

Im excited to see how much he helps the run game; I think he will be an enormous help on sealing the edge, and he looks more mobile than I recall Im looking forward to seeing him run some routes I assume it will be faster than watching RichRod look as though he was running in cement. 

On the pass he had against the packers in the highlight my first thought was that Richard Rodgers makes that catch and its a two yard gain. He never makes that back cut to get up field imo.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/08/06/tight-end-marcedes-lewis-adds-new-dimension-packers-offense/918486002/

But if you really want to see a guy who could have a huge impact on the Packers this season, watch the 6-6, 267-pound — that’s what he’s listed at, but probably hasn’t weighed in 20 years — Lewis stick his hands into his man at the line of scrimmage and push him somewhere he doesn’t want to go.

“We had a double-team block in Family Night and I literally just took a step and he just threw a guy right across my face,” veteran tackle Byron Bell said. “I didn’t have to do too much work."

“I had another block where I was supposed to come down and bounce back out (to help the tight end), and he was like, ‘Bro, I got him.’ He’s one of the better run blockers in pro football right now, if not the best.”

“I take a lot of pride in what I do,” Lewis said. “Obviously, catching the ball is really fun, but pancaking a guy is fun, too. I love doing both.

“I think when I had my visit here and met with Mike, just his attitude and the next level where he wanted to take the offense to, I was a good fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Snippet from Michael Cohen at The Athletic:

"Marcedes Lewis executed a perfect “Wham” block early in the first quarter by crossing the formation to stonewall defensive tackle Tank Carradine and create a sliver of space on a run play that gained 3 yards. Had Lewis missed his block, the play gains no yards or ends with a tackle for loss. Later, Lewis moved Carradine off his gap to open an alley for tailback Montgomery on an impressive 11-yard run. There’s no question that Jimmy Graham was the flashier of the tight-end signings this offseason, but Lewis offers terrific value in his own right"

Archived