Marcedes Lewis in the fold!

cooters22

just like having him in the locker room. also like having another big body that's not kevin rader or that other guy. 

but at the same time if we gave him anything more than like 2m i'm kinda confused unless we're still planning on adding another body to the OLB room. 

54 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yet another excellent, under-the-radar signing by Gute.

So refreshing to have a GM actively filling voids on the roster with veteran NFL players.

Could this mean that Lance Kendricks, who due to Bennett sucking all the air out of the TE position in 2017 got a pretty free ride for his crappy season, is on his way out - with a younger, deeper threat available in Byrd?

Or will the Pack really go into 2018 with 3 TEs all over the age of 30?

You have got to think that we go old this season.  Kendricks is a FA after this season.  And I doubt that any of Emmanuel Lewis, Dennis Rader, or  Ryan Smith show enough to replace Kendricks (or Graham and Lewis for that matter).  Kendricks is also a 600k cap hit, if cut, if that matters at all.  I won't argue against needing or wanting a replacement for Kendricks, I just don't think the guys currently on the team would be any better.  

I would look to add some talented youth next offseason while we still have 1 or 2 more seasons with Graham.  

Hasn't caught more than 25 passes in a season since 2012.  All about the blocking. 

1 or 2 catches in a game can still be one or two crucial plays, of course, a first down here or a TD there.  Good news for the running backs.  

have had plenty of discussion about the 3rd WR, and hopefully one steps up.  But perhaps there will be a lot of snaps where they don't use a 3rd WR, and just go with Lewis as 6th lineman, with MM only sending out 2 WR and Graham as targets.  

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Hasn't caught more than 25 passes in a season since 2012.  All about the blocking. 

1 or 2 catches in a game can still be one or two crucial plays, of course, a first down here or a TD there.  Good news for the running backs.  

have had plenty of discussion about the 3rd WR, and hopefully one steps up.  But perhaps there will be a lot of snaps where they don't use a 3rd WR, and just go with Lewis as 6th lineman, with MM only sending out 2 WR and Graham as targets.  

I think we will have to go back and look at how McCarthy has used TEs like Graham in the past.  Jermichael Finley was a TE.  He did line up in-line and occasionally in the backfield, but he did a lot of his damage lined up in a "WR spot." We didn't have a lot of time with Cook, but he did some of that too.  You can do a lot of different things with Adams-Cobb-Graham-Montgomery all on the field at the same time without substituting.  

If Lewis or Kendricks is on the field with Graham, I would guess that Graham is in a traditional WR spot.  We may have to think of him as WR #3.

Archived