Marcedes Lewis in the fold!

cooters22

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Just a little rich for me, but not bad. Was hoping for something around $1.5 mil total package so $2.1 isn't terrible by any means. 

Gotta pinch those pennies for Dez?

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport

Lewis said he came with no intention of signing. Changed when he met Rodgers and Graham.

11:53 AM - 31 May 2018

Wow, who could have possibly foreseen that actually bringing veteran free agents in for a visit  and "recruiting" them might work to the Packers' advantage?

Thanks Gute for bringing this "revolutionary" concept to NE Wisconsin.

15 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport

Lewis said he came with no intention of signing. Changed when he met Rodgers and Graham.

11:53 AM - 31 May 2018

Wow, who could have possibly foreseen that actually bringing veteran free agents in for a visit  and "recruiting" them might work to the Packers' advantage?

Thanks Gute for bringing this "revolutionary" concept to NE Wisconsin.

I like how he said the Packer's were "persistent". Probably not the way to describe TT In free agency B|

I have to think there's going to be a significant roster change that will free up more money for us to sign a pass rusher after the cuts start coming in this month.  Maybe that's a Rodgers extension, maybe that's a surprise cut.  I keep thinking that trading Clinton-Dix would free up 6 million, but I think I might be wrong there.  I just don't see us spending this money on a backup tight end unless it means we have a feeling we're going to free up more money. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I have to think there's going to be a significant roster change that will free up more money for us to sign a pass rusher after the cuts start coming in this month.  Maybe that's a Rodgers extension, maybe that's a surprise cut.  I keep thinking that trading Clinton-Dix would free up 6 million, but I think I might be wrong there.  I just don't see us spending this money on a backup tight end unless it means we have a feeling we're going to free up more money. 

Trading him for what? another safety? Do we really want an S combination of Josh Jones and Kentrell Brice? (This isn't 100% in response to you, since I've seen other talk of moving on from Clinton-Dix lately as well)

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

Trading him for what? another safety? Do we really want an S combination of Josh Jones and Kentrell Brice? (This isn't 100% in response to you, since I've seen other talk of moving on from Clinton-Dix lately as well)

I don't WANT to do that.  I am in the Clinton-Dix boat.  I want him on this team.  I've just been speculating that we MIGHT do it.  It doesn't make sense to me as anything other than getting rid of that 6 million in cap space if we don't think we will be able to re-sign him to another contract after next year. 

Dumping Clinton-Dix would be one of the dumbest moves we could make. IIRC, aren't we freeing up some money after Cobb's contract runs out? Aren't there some other guys we can afford to let walk as well?

Just now, Joe said:

Dumping Clinton-Dix would be one of the dumbest moves we could make. IIRC, aren't we freeing up some money after Cobb's contract runs out? Aren't there some other guys we can afford to let walk as well?

I'm sure Clay will likely be back for a smaller number or gone.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

All he was saying was he is part of the more money equation. Why did you bring up age?

because age often factors into these kinds of decisions. HaHa is one of our better, if not the best DB we have. Why would we let that walk?

Archived