2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I was in the woods hunting last week without wifi, my bad.

We had all agreed before the season that teams would be penalized for not setting lineups. This (and not just with you) has been an issue since last season. It's past the point where the league can continue to just let it slide. I hope I am not speaking out of place here and also hope that you understand if the league/commish decides to penalize you. 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:58 PM, squire12 said:

In the situation where a NFL game is canceled due to COVID outbreak, discussion on an option to submit a "backup player" that would be played if a players game is canceled.  

Please share your thoughts on this ASAP.  I think this is a good idea, though a pain in the *** as ESPN I don't think allows for post game starting lineup changes

@Pool, @DannyB, @persiandud, @Packerraymond, @Bigbear72, @VikeManDan, @Vikes_Bolts1228, @YaddaHolla, @The Gnat

Thinking something like this
My proposal
1.  Game canceled would qualify, not injury or a specific player out with positive test
2.  Back up player needs to be submitted prior to the start of their game kickoff.  Posted in this thread
3.  Backup player is specific to a player and position requirements/rules maintained
4.  Eligible games are those moved to Monday and /or Tuesday

Jacobi Meyers as backup for juju smith Schuster if the PIT vs BAL game gets cancelled 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

So what are our rules of starting 3 players on byes and one player who was known to be out?

that owner has not set a lineup most of the year.  He was a last minute fill in replacement for someone that opted out right before or during our draft.  we will be needing to get a replacement for that owner.    I had been changing the lineup and missed doing so with the holiday and other things.  

As of now, I am reluctant to remove draft picks from a team that we will be needing to find a replacement for.  I am open to ideas as we need to finalize and fully get down in writing what the process is going to be for these types of issues that have been ongoing for a few years.  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

that owner has not set a lineup most of the year.  He was a last minute fill in replacement for someone that opted out right before or during our draft.  we will be needing to get a replacement for that owner.    I had been changing the lineup and missed doing so with the holiday and other things.  

As of now, I am reluctant to remove draft picks from a team that we will be needing to find a replacement for.  I am open to ideas as we need to finalize and fully get down in writing what the process is going to be for these types of issues that have been ongoing for a few years.  

Can you post date changes, like adjust the line-up/scoring after the fact for the "best" line-up, I don't know that he'd beat me, or that it'll make a difference in standings, but we need to figure out something (and mainly find a new owner)

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Can you post date changes, like adjust the line-up/scoring after the fact for the "best" line-up, I don't know that he'd beat me, or that it'll make a difference in standings, but we need to figure out something (and mainly find a new owner)

swapping out for the following

Swift, Antonio Brown, Evans, Gronk

RB= James White for 2..35
WR= Jamison Crowder 20.45
WR= Michael Pittman 8.35
Flex= Golden Tate 6.0 (shift Henry to TE from the flex spot)

adds a total of 37.15

Total points would be 37.15 + 35.91 = 73.06

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

swapping out for the following

Swift, Antonio Brown, Evans, Gronk

RB= James White for 2..35
WR= Jamison Crowder 20.45
WR= Michael Pittman 8.35
Flex= Golden Tate 6.0 (shift Henry to TE from the flex spot)

adds a total of 37.15

Total points would be 37.15 + 35.91 = 73.06

As someone currently in 3rd place due to tiebreakers AND having set a legitimate lineup every week I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't enforce the rules we all agreed to during the offseason. Those rules being dumping those two teams ahead of me (since both started players on bye in multiple weeks) down a spot in the draft(for each infraction?). I mean, I could have completely tanked too but I played by the rules we established and do not feel I should be punished for that or more to the point, that other team managers should be able to get away with blatant tanking. I vote for next year we take Persians advice and roll with the potential points format.

23 minutes ago, Pool said:

As someone currently in 3rd place due to tiebreakers AND having set a legitimate lineup every week I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't enforce the rules we all agreed to during the offseason. Those rules being dumping those two teams ahead of me (since both started players on bye in multiple weeks) down a spot in the draft(for each infraction?). I mean, I could have completely tanked too but I played by the rules we established and do not feel I should be punished for that or more to the point, that other team managers should be able to get away with blatant tanking. I vote for next year we take Persians advice and roll with the potential points format.

I understand what you are saying.   If you feel there is a game that would have changed the standings, please let me know.  

1 owners went MIA 

1 owner was hunting the week that I am aware of the line up issue.  

Just now, squire12 said:

I understand what you are saying.   If you feel there is a game that would have changed the standings, please let me know.  

1 owners went MIA 

1 owner was hunting the week that I am aware of the line up issue.  

We all agreed active tanking would be penalized. Neither of the two last place teams even attempted what would be considered a legit lineup most weeks. Both should be penalized per the rules we all agreed to prior to this season. It is absolutely not fair if I end up 3rd because I played by the rules. If you want examples, the guy who went hunting also started DEN D on a bye in week 3. And started a TE for weeks who has yet to score a single point in fantasy football in Devin Asiasi.

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

We all agreed active tanking would be penalized. Neither of the two last place teams even attempted what would be considered a legit lineup most weeks. Both should be penalized per the rules we all agreed to prior to this season. It is absolutely not fair if I end up 3rd because I played by the rules. If you want examples, the guy who went hunting also started DEN D on a bye in week 3. And started a TE for weeks who has yet to score a single point in fantasy football in Devin Asiasi.

I know we discussed this.   can you post what the infractions were that were agreed on?    

Denver played TB in week 3 and scored 3 points

It was between Asiasi or Dawson Knox for him at TE.    

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know we discussed this.   can you post what the infractions were that were agreed on?    

Denver played TB in week 3 and scored 3 points

It was between Asiasi or Dawson Knox for him at TE.    

Sorry it was week 5 that he started Denver on a bye. Knox> Asiasi by a large margin. And he started him twice for 0 points. C'mon its beyond obvious what he was doing. Never made any roster pickups to better his team etc and the topper is the team name is literally Tank For Travis. We had discussed loss of draft pick or slotting them down a spot for every week they tanked. 

On 9/12/2020 at 6:18 AM, Bigbear72 said:

Agreed with all.  And yes put it up for a vote.  I would say the loss of draft  picks  or moving picks to the last pick in each round in some form or fashion should be the penalty.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:24 AM, Bigbear72 said:

So do we just let people tank this year?  That's not cool and I am not on board with that.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, DannyB said:

I say yes do it absolutely. This type of thing shouldn't even really need to be put up for a vote. I think Pool may have meant we didn't enforce it LAST year.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:35 PM, Pool said:

No, I mean it should have been enforced this year. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to stir the pot but Gnat should have been penalized in this draft we just finished for starting players on a bye.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:36 PM, Pool said:

If people are intentionally tanking they should be penalized. It ruins the league imo by giving people easy victories.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:28 AM, DannyB said:

Yup. I think we're pretty much all on board. Like, starting NOW basically.

I think starting now, everybody is warned that any intentional sandbagging will result in penalties even if we haven't hammered out exactly what those are yet. So do so at your own risk, your nuts are on the chopping block.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:56 AM, VikeManDan said:

I agree it should be enforced starting now. Going to check out the Potential Points link @persiandud provided.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:04 AM, Bigbear72 said:

I say lower his total draft position by one for every week that he tanks unless someone has a better idea.  Point is I think the punishment should be harsh enough to be a deterent.

On 9/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, Packerraymond said:

Agree with this. He'll probably end up quiting when it gets handed down, but it's ridiculous. Every week it's this way is a draft spot bumped back. So right now we're at #3.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, squire12 said:

Please make sure you are starting a lineup with players that are not on IR or OUT.  

Owners should also be starting a legit lineup and not sitting their better players....actively tanking for a better draft pick for next year.

@Pool, @VikeManDan, @persiandud, @Vikes_Bolts1228, @Packerraymond, @DannyB, @The Gnat, @Bigbear72, @YaddaHolla