2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What's the rule on tanking in this league? Cause we've got a team that's straight up benched their good players in favor of guys not playing.

We're against it but unsure how we should penalize teams that actively tank

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what team is that?

I think he's referring to Baby Got Brisket @YaddaHolla??

Edited by VikeManDan

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

@YaddaHolla

Penalty for tanking is loss of draft picks and a reduction in keepers.   

How do we determine that? Do we just "know it when we see it"? Maybe put cases up to a vote?

And just to be clear: by tanking, we mean purposely sandbagging by benching good players in favor of crappy players, thus stockpiling known talent AND draft position. If you want better draft position by cutting and trading away good players, that's fine.

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

How do we determine that? Do we just "know it when we see it"? Maybe put cases up to a vote?

And just to be clear: by tanking, we mean purposely sandbagging by benching good players in favor of crappy players, thus stockpiling known talent AND draft position. If you want better draft position by cutting and trading away good players, that's fine.

Agreed with all.  And yes put it up for a vote.  I would say the loss of draft  picks  or moving picks to the last pick in each round in some form or fashion should be the penalty.

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Agreed with all.  And yes put it up for a vote.  I would say the loss of draft  picks  or moving picks to the last pick in each round in some form or fashion should be the penalty.

So do we just let people tank this year?  That's not cool and I am not on board with that.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Either we start to do so, or not. 

If we are not, then there needs to be no complaining. 

I say yes do it absolutely. This type of thing shouldn't even really need to be put up for a vote. I think Pool may have meant we didn't enforce it LAST year.

7 hours ago, DannyB said:

I say yes do it absolutely. This type of thing shouldn't even really need to be put up for a vote. I think Pool may have meant we didn't enforce it LAST year.

No, I mean it should have been enforced this year. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to stir the pot but Gnat should have been penalized in this draft we just finished for starting players on a bye.