2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

5 hours ago, Pool said:

If people are intentionally tanking they should be penalized. It ruins the league imo by giving people easy victories.

Yup. I think we're pretty much all on board. Like, starting NOW basically.

I think starting now, everybody is warned that any intentional sandbagging will result in penalties even if we haven't hammered out exactly what those are yet. So do so at your own risk, your nuts are on the chopping block.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 11:10 AM, Bigbear72 said:
  16 hours ago, squire12 said:

I am not sure what you are asking.

Owners have been able to add players as that was easier to update the available players as we drafted.

I might be getting the leagues missed up then.  I thought we were doing free agent auction bidding in this league.

Moving this over from the draft thread.  And actually we did vote to start FAAB this year @squire12.  Since the draft has been declared over we can still add and drop players for free which defeats the purpose of FAAB.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:02 PM, squire12 said:

Here are the settings.  We are set to do FAAB and 100 budget.   

Acquisition And Waiver RulesEDIT

Lineup Changes
Lock individually at Scheduled Gametime
Player Acquisition System
Free Agent Budget
Season Acquisition Limit
No Limit
Waiver Period
1 Day
Player Acquisition Budget
Minimum Offer
Free Agent Budget Tiebreaker
Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings

On 9/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, Bigbear72 said:

Hmmm.  So maybe it doesn't start until after week one then.  Interesting.

I was just able to add a player without FAAB. Something still doesn't look right.

this guys is still actively tanking, left all his best players on his bench. we have to go with the potential points. i use it for my ESPN dynasty leagues 

to use the site, you just input the league ID and which week you want it to calculate up to, and then it lists the optimal point totals for each team.  do it up to week 13 or whenever the regular season ends for the non playoff teams

8 minutes ago, persiandud said:

this guys is still actively tanking, left all his best players on his bench. we have to go with the potential points. i use it for my ESPN dynasty leagues 

to use the site, you just input the league ID and which week you want it to calculate up to, and then it lists the optimal point totals for each team.  do it up to week 13 or whenever the regular season ends for the non playoff teams

I totally agree that something has to be done about this.  I tried to go to potential points but it said that the app was not found.  But it's painfully obvious that he is either tanking or (because he has been no responsive) decided to drop out of the league.  He left Mike Evans, Lamar Jackson, and Hunter Henry on the bench while his lineup looked like this:

STARTERS WEEK 3 2020 SEASON
SLOT
PLAYER
OPP
STATUS
PROJ
SCORE
OPRK
%ST
%ROST
+/-
PRK
FPTS
AVG
LAST
QB
--
9th
RB
Duke JohnsonDuke Johnson
HouRB
--
4th
--
RB
--
WR
NYJ
--
WR
--
1st
+1.3
TE
--
FLEX
Ten
--
FLEX
Eno BenjaminEno Benjamin
AriRB
Det
--
--
--
--
--
D/ST
Bills D/STBills D/ST
BufD/ST
LAR
--
4th

On 9/22/2020 at 6:04 AM, Bigbear72 said:

I say lower his total draft position by one for every week that he tanks unless someone has a better idea.  Point is I think the punishment should be harsh enough to be a deterent.

Agree with this. He'll probably end up quiting when it gets handed down, but it's ridiculous. Every week it's this way is a draft spot bumped back. So right now we're at #3.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with this. He'll probably end up quiting when it gets handed down, but it's ridiculous. Every week it's this way is a draft spot bumped back. So right now we're at #3.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with rebuilding but gotta do it the right way. Intentionally losing ruins the league imo.