2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That is what I have been suggesting this entire time.

Haha dude you weren't being clear about that at all, but I dunno why that didn't totally dawn on me earlier. Alright, so any owner with MNF starters may, if they choose, post a backup starter that would only get those points if the presumed starter cannot play due to a covid scenario.

8 hours ago, DannyB said:

Haha dude you weren't being clear about that at all, but I dunno why that didn't totally dawn on me earlier. Alright, so any owner with MNF starters may, if they choose, post a backup starter that would only get those points if the presumed starter cannot play due to a covid scenario.

You seriously did not get the concern over the MNF game based on my posts?

On 10/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, squire12 said:

So what happens if at 4pm on sunday, the monday night game gets a positive test and post phoned.  How do owners handle this?

Games are either finished or started, so designating a "replacement " might not be an option.   But the precedent is set they should be able to .

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

My main concern is the MNF game.   It is a full 24 hours after the other games and if positive tests come back later on Sunday or Monday morning, those owners have no option to submit a back up player where other games would have the option.   If we are not going to consider the back up player for all games, then why do it at all for any game?

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

I have no idea as no one bringing this up in any of the leagues I am in are considering the MNF game dynamic.  

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

The solution you are proposing just discards the potential of a positive test affecting the MNF game and your answer is tough **** for the owners of players in that game, but the other games that also might be affected, we should enact this rule that allows owners to submit a back up starter.  How is it so difficult to allow that option to be in existence for the MNF game?

Why do the Sunday games have a superior priority of being allowed a back up starter but the MNF game does not?

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

It is so funny that I have asked this in multiple leagues and places that this has been brought up and no one seems to have an answer or concern for allowing the option for a situation that the MNF game gets canceled because of COVID yet the NE/KC game was the huge alarm that we need to have these back up plans as a just in case scenario.   While this other "just in case scenario" is met with tough **** for those owners.   

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

You seriously did not get the concern over the MNF game based on my posts?

Alright, I didn't really want to get this far into the weeds and discuss semantics and intent and not being able to pick up on body language and tone of voice via posts on a board, etc etc etc, but if you really want a full explanation:

You never said "My idea of a possible solution is this: Any owners who have starters playing on Monday night can have the option to post a designated backup, just in case."

Instead, you continued present the shortcomings of my idea.

It's a super minor thing, but I think psychologically, in my head, it made it harder to pick up on the fact that the solution could be sitting right there. Instead, I was constantly put in a state of having to defend my idea by saying, yeah, it's not perfect, but isn't it better than nothing?

I think if you had said "Hey, this all works but let's also include owners who..." instead of "Well this won't work because your idea is imperfect and doesn't include everyone", it would've made more sense to me.

Yes the solution now seems obvious and it should've dawned on me sooner, but you weren't exactly propping up your own solution.

YES, I understood that you had concerns about the MNF game. NO, you didn't make it immediately obvious that you were offering a clear solution.

But I get it now, no need to get bogged down about it now. Now we need to see if the rest of the league agrees to it.

In the situation where a NFL game is canceled due to COVID outbreak, discussion on an option to submit a "backup player" that would be played if a players game is canceled.  

Please share your thoughts on this ASAP.  I think this is a good idea, though a pain in the *** as ESPN I don't think allows for post game starting lineup changes

@Pool, @DannyB, @persiandud, @Packerraymond, @Bigbear72, @VikeManDan, @Vikes_Bolts1228, @YaddaHolla, @The Gnat

Thinking something like this
My proposal
1.  Game canceled would qualify, not injury or a specific player out with positive test
2.  Back up player needs to be submitted prior to the start of their game kickoff.  Posted in this thread
3.  Backup player is specific to a player and position requirements/rules maintained
4.  Eligible games are those moved to Monday and /or Tuesday

• 2 weeks later...