2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

Here are the potential points for the 2020 season through week 13.  

owner                                 team                                   actual points      potential points

chisoxguy7 Russ Wilson's Miracle Water 1897.96 2352.44
mcfaddendj Team Bigbear (B) 1752.37 2117.44
gjd44 Team squire12 (P) 1692.05 2049.45
d_maghrak 3 QBs walk into a BARR... 1595.59 2023.53
Vikes_Bolts1228 Pitter Patter 1656.01 1998.18
Dannyb218 Cleveland Steamers 1501.98 1940.07
The_Gnat_5000 Team Gnat (V) 1421.54 1808.06
NachoBears Jabroni Squad 1356.29 1720.86
DotenSwag Baby Got Brisket 1038.6 1455.64
espn94270845 Tank for Travis 1056.88 1388.05
Edited by squire12
  • Like 1

My personal thought is that potential points is the best way to go for limiting/preventing tanking by sitting better players or players on bye.  It likely is not perfect.

I don't want to get into the process of arguing if starting a TE over another is the "starting your best lineup".   That becomes a very slippery slope.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

Here are the potential points for the 2020 season through week 13.  

owner                                 team                                   actual points      potential points

chisoxguy7 Russ Wilson's Miracle Water 1897.96 2352.44
mcfaddendj Team Bigbear (B) 1752.37 2117.44
gjd44 Team squire12 (P) 1692.05 2049.45
d_maghrak 3 QBs walk into a BARR... 1595.59 2023.53
Vikes_Bolts1228 Pitter Patter 1656.01 1998.18
Dannyb218 Cleveland Steamers 1501.98 1940.07
The_Gnat_5000 Team Gnat (V) 1421.54 1808.06
NachoBears Jabroni Squad 1356.29 1720.86
DotenSwag Baby Got Brisket 1038.6 1455.64
espn94270845 Tank for Travis 1056.88 1388.05

you used the site I recommended! nice! 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, squire12 said:

My personal thought is that potential points is the best way to go for limiting/preventing tanking by sitting better players or players on bye.  It likely is not perfect.

I don't want to get into the process of arguing if starting a TE over another is the "starting your best lineup".   That becomes a very slippery slope.  

How are we going to implement this? League champ gets last pick and the rest is sorted by potential points?

If anyone has issues with resolving this "tanking" situation by using potential points, please speak up now.

I like potential points as the process to determine non-playoff team draft order.  It may not be perfect, but it is more objective than trying to police owners starting 1 player over another that becomes highly subjective based on projections, rankings, gut feel, etc.

@Pool, @DannyB, @Bigbear72, @Packerraymond, @persiandud, @The Gnat, @Vikes_Bolts1228, @VikeManDan, @YaddaHolla (tagging for unknown reasons)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

If anyone has issues with resolving this "tanking" situation by using potential points, please speak up now.

I like potential points as the process to determine non-playoff team draft order.  It may not be perfect, but it is more objective than trying to police owners starting 1 player over another that becomes highly subjective based on projections, rankings, gut feel, etc.

@Pool, @DannyB, @Bigbear72, @Packerraymond, @persiandud, @The Gnat, @Vikes_Bolts1228, @VikeManDan, @YaddaHolla (tagging for unknown reasons)

I'm good with it.

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

How are we going to implement this? League champ gets last pick and the rest is sorted by potential points?

non-playoff teams are potential points.  Playoff teams are sorted by when the were eliminated from playoffs.  

I think to be "consistent" first 2 teams out would be the 5th/6th slots and potential points makes most sense.  same for spots 7 and 8.  runner up will pick 9th, champ will pick 10th.

How does that work for everyone?

The other option would be W/L records for those playoff teams relative to when they were eliminated

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I'd prefer to do potential points for everyone besides the league winner. People can still tank in the playoffs.

Just now, Pool said:

For reference, last season I ended up in the championship match with an awful squad. Literally had no business being there. All the other playoff teams were significantly better than mine.

I feel the further you advance in the playoffs should drop your draft slot accordingly.  The chance to win the title should carry some weight in the playoff team draft slot determination.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

It's the only way to do it.