2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

@DannyB  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07@squire12

So what's up with all these teams starting players on bye? If you're tanking for draft picks that's pretty screwed up. If you aren't setting your lineups please start. It ruins it for the rest of us who are trying to win. I know things look rough having 2 monster teams in this league right now but as someone who won it all with a 7-6 record I can tell you that it really is any given Sunday. Just gotta make the playoffs. 

That said, something I was thinking about for next season I wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in would be expanding our rosters by 5 spots and upping our keeper limit to 15. Right now it feels like we are playing a weird keeper/dynasty hybrid league and I'd be really interested into moving it more towards a true dynasty type league. Interested in everyone's thoughts.

Edited by Pool

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

That said, something I was thinking about for next season I wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in would be expanding our rosters by 5 spots and upping our keeper limit to 15. Right now it feels like we are playing a weird keeper/dynasty hybrid league and I'd be really interested into moving it more towards a true dynasty type league. Interested in everyone's thoughts.

I'd be up for discussing this as well. I would've really liked to keep Marlon Mack this past year but really couldn't afford to given he was injured to begin the year. I'm sure there are other teams who had similar situations with other players.

Does suck that some people aren't even trying to compete.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd be up for discussing this as well. I would've really liked to keep Marlon Mack this past year but really couldn't afford to given he was injured to begin the year. I'm sure there are other teams who had similar situations with other players.

Does suck that some people aren't even trying to compete.

Had the same thing happen with DeAndre Hopkins. Wanted to keep him but couldn't keep him over the veterans that were producing. I had a pretty great team early on but wasn't able to hold on to any young prospects and it definitely hurt my team long term.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pool said:

@DannyB  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07@squire12

So what's up with all these teams starting players on bye? If you're tanking for draft picks that's pretty screwed up. If you aren't setting your lineups please start. It ruins it for the rest of us who are trying to win. I know things look rough having 2 monster teams in this league right now but as someone who won it all with a 7-6 record I can tell you that it really is any given Sunday. Just gotta make the playoffs. 

Well for me it was just a matter of it being the holiday coupled with an ill relative that kinda threw my week off.  I'm very active and always try to win. 

As far as upping the roster limit I am for that.  I agree it does seem like we are playing a keeper/dynasty hybrid.

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Well for me it was just a matter of it being the holiday coupled with an ill relative that kinda threw my week off.  I'm very active and always try to win. 

As far as upping the roster limit I am for that.  I agree it does seem like we are playing a keeper/dynasty hybrid.

I'm sorry to hear about your relative. I hope they are ok. Obviously that takes precedent over this. I'm also not trying to point fingers here. It's just something I've been noticing more and more of this year compared to any previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

I'm sorry to hear about your relative. I hope they are ok. Obviously that takes precedent over this. I'm also not trying to point fingers here. It's just something I've been noticing more and more of this year compared to any previous seasons.

To be honest, I have noticed it too and it does suck.  I hate tanking.  I have seen teams in some of the leagues that I am in tank with monster rosters and it kinda pisses me off.  

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

To be honest, I have noticed it too and it does suck.  I hate tanking.  I have seen teams in some of the leagues that I am in tank with monster rosters and it kinda pisses me off.  

We could implement a penalty system. One freebie for not setting  a lineup. Second time you drop one spot in the draft.

I would be fine with discussing those items for future years.  Maybe a graduated increase in keepers from 10 to 12 to 15 so teams have a chance to grow accordingly.  Open to options.

regarding the not setting full lineups, I have not noticed any, but I am not checking all the rosters for each game either.  I do agree that owners should be maintaining the integrity of the league and putting forth full lineups each week.