2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

On 12/25/2018 at 1:46 PM, squire12 said:

2019 draft order

1.  @davisblack

2.  @X_Factor_40

3.  @Nzd07

4.  @persiandud

5.  @Pool

6.  @Bigbear72

7.  @The Gnat

8.  @squire12

9.  @DannyB

10.  @VikeManDan

Congrats to @VikeManDan on collecting a league title from the 6th seed.  

Please provide your thoughts on the proposal to increase roster size and # of keepers.  

Yes congrats to @VikeManDan .   Well done.

As far as league expansion I'm ok with that.  I would do 2 this year and 3 the next but I won't fuss either way.

• 3 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, Pool said:

@DannyB  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07@squire12

So what's up with all these teams starting players on bye? If you're tanking for draft picks that's pretty screwed up. If you aren't setting your lineups please start. It ruins it for the rest of us who are trying to win. I know things look rough having 2 monster teams in this league right now but as someone who won it all with a 7-6 record I can tell you that it really is any given Sunday. Just gotta make the playoffs. 

That said, something I was thinking about for next season I wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in would be expanding our rosters by 5 spots and upping our keeper limit to 15. Right now it feels like we are playing a weird keeper/dynasty hybrid league and I'd be really interested into moving it more towards a true dynasty type league. Interested in everyone's thoughts.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, VikeManDan said:

I'd be up for discussing this as well. I would've really liked to keep Marlon Mack this past year but really couldn't afford to given he was injured to begin the year. I'm sure there are other teams who had similar situations with other players.

Does suck that some people aren't even trying to compete.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, Bigbear72 said:

Well for me it was just a matter of it being the holiday coupled with an ill relative that kinda threw my week off.  I'm very active and always try to win. 

As far as upping the roster limit I am for that.  I agree it does seem like we are playing a keeper/dynasty hybrid.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, DannyB said:

I guess I'm okay with roster expansion

I hate when owners go absentee on their teams. I think one or two times this season I've started a player that was out but it was due to being a late scratch on a Thursday that I just didn't get to in time, or I was busy on a Sunday morning when the outs are announced. Once may have even been an early Sunday London game.

However, I'm an active owner with a good team that is (well...was) trying to win every game I could. I think I have a solid track record of that.

@DannyB, @persiandud @Bigbear72 @VikeManDan @Pool @Nzd07 @The Gnat @X_Factor_40 @davisblack

Role call for 2019 season.  Need answers to the following questions.

1.  Are you returning for the 2019 season?

2.  Thoughts on increasing the roster size (up from 18 to like 22 or 24)?

3.  Thoughts on increasing the number of keepers (up from 10 to 15)?

4.  Thoughts on owners not setting lineups with active players?  How to enforce?  What type of penalty?

Just now, squire12 said:

4.  Thoughts on owners not setting lineups with active players?  How to enforce?  What type of penalty?

1.  Yes, I am returning

2.  Yes to increasing the roster size.  Fine with either 22 or 24.  Would be OK with a gradual increase over the next 2 years.

3.  Yes to increasing the number of keepers.  OK with all at once in 2019 or gradual over next 2 years.

4.  1x is OK given other life things happening.  2nd time means some for of penalty, loss of draft pick starting with 3rd round pick.  Each additional infraction means another draft pick is forfeited progressing to 2nd round and eventually 1st round.

7 hours ago, squire12 said:

1.  Yes, I am returning

2.  Yes to increasing the roster size.  Fine with either 22 or 24.  Would be OK with a gradual increase over the next 2 years.

3.  Yes to increasing the number of keepers.  OK with all at once in 2019 or gradual over next 2 years.

4.  1x is OK given other life things happening.  2nd time means some for of penalty, loss of draft pick starting with 3rd round pick.  Each additional infraction means another draft pick is forfeited progressing to 2nd round and eventually 1st round.

What this guy said.

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

1. Yes

2. Yes, go big or go home!

3. Yes, if we do #2 otherwise no.

4. Find out if there are extenuating circumstances, say a birth of a child ( :D ) but Squires seems fair, just always with the option for the league to say, ignore it in this case. I'm thinking of a rare life situation where someone is going to pass away, so you have to take care of them and get things in order, and then that stretches out longer than one weekend. But that'll be rare, probably never happen, but just leave it open so that the league can handle those situations without punishing a player for life.

Might be something to consider to have a 3-4 owner "committee" that can review any claims of "tanking" to get information and make a decision on whether a penalty needs to be issued.  

I agree completely that sometimes life situations will put a fantasy football league on the back burner for a few days to a few weeks or longer and those situations should be handled differently/appropriately.

Anyone want to be apart of such a small committee?   Comes with a fancy title and a nice name plaque!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Might be something to consider to have a 3-4 owner "committee" that can review any claims of "tanking" to get information and make a decision on whether a penalty needs to be issued.  

I agree completely that sometimes life situations will put a fantasy football league on the back burner for a few days to a few weeks or longer and those situations should be handled differently/appropriately.

Anyone want to be apart of such a small committee?   Comes with a fancy title and a nice name plaque!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be game for it.

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

1.  Are you returning for the 2019 season? Yes

2.  Thoughts on increasing the roster size (up from 18 to like 22 or 24)? Yes, my vote is 24.

3.  Thoughts on increasing the number of keepers (up from 10 to 15)? Yes, my vote is 15.

4.  Thoughts on owners not setting lineups with active players?  How to enforce?  What type of penalty? I'll have to give this more thought.

@squire12

1.  Are you returning for the 2019 season? Yes

2.  Thoughts on increasing the roster size (up from 18 to like 22 or 24)? Yes, my vote is 22.

3.  Thoughts on increasing the number of keepers (up from 10 to 15)? Yes, my vote is 15.

4.  Thoughts on owners not setting lineups with active players?  How to enforce?  What type of penalty? I think it's fine if someone misses a week or two. But if they're constantly ghosting the league, probably best to just kick them out and find a new owner.

Edited by Nzd07

On 5/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, squire12 said:

1.       Returning:  Yes = Squire12, bigbear72, Pool, The Gnat, VikeManDan, Nzd07

Waiting on response= @persiandud, @DannyB, @davisblack, @X_Factor_40

2.       Increase roster size:  YES = Squire12 (22 or 24), BigBear72 (22 or 24), Pool (22 or 24), The Gnat (24), VikeManDan (24), Nzd07 (22)

3.       Increase keepers:  YES = squire12, bigBear72, Pool (all at once), The Gnat (yes only if rosters increase), VikeManDan (15), Nzd07 (15)

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

I'm in I'm in!

@DannyB  Good to hear.   Can you answer or offer your thoughts on the items below?