2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So it looks like 9 owners are in some manner in favor of changing the kicker scoring or eliminating the kicker position all together.

Will majority rule on this? If the kicker is eliminated will that turn into an extra roster spot or will the spot entirely disappear? 

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I would prefer the draft to start after the last week 3 pre-season game, which is on 8/26. With that being said I am fine with the 8/13 and 8/20 that has been proposed. 

Starting the draft on 8/26 would make a pretty tight schedule to get 8 rounds in before the start of the regular season.  The Labor Day weekend generally seems to be slow for getting picks in and I would like to avoid that as part of the early/mid part of the draft.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Will majority rule on this? If the kicker is eliminated will that turn into an extra roster spot or will the spot entirely disappear? 

I think we certainly would need at least 6 votes in favor of 1 of the choices.  Though, there is nothing set as to the original "rules"  for this league.  

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

Starting the draft on 8/26 would make a pretty tight schedule to get 8 rounds in before the start of the regular season.  The Labor Day weekend generally seems to be slow for getting picks in and I would like to avoid that as part of the early/mid part of the draft.

Agreed. Of course I'd love to do the draft as soon as possible, but I feel like this thing might need a bit longer.

Last year there were some discussions on kicking and defensive scoring. However, I don't think anything was changed.

Pulled from old forum archive:

Kicking proposals 

Option #1: Leave as it currently is. 0 votes
PAT made = 1 point 
FG made 0-39 = 2 points 
FG made 40-49 = 3 points 
FG made 50+ = 4 points 
FG missed = -1 point 

Option #2: Change to the following format. 3 votes (X_Factor_40, persiandud, Bigbear72) 
PAT made = 1 point 
FG made 0-39 = 3 points 
FG made 40-49 = 4 points 
FG made 50+ = 5 points 
FG missed = -1 point 

Option #3: Change to the following format. 1 vote (The Gnat) 
PAT made = 1 point 
Any FG made = 3 points 
FG missed = 0 points 

Option #4: Eliminate the kicker position entirely. 6 votes (Pool, DannyB, squire12, VikeManDan, Nzd07, davisblack) 

Final vote counts @squire12

Aaron Rodgers is available. 

I’m looking to package him with picks for a player and picks (interested in back half first round as well as top) or a player(s) package. 

Areas of need: RB, TE, WR in that order. 

Shoot me a PM with interest. I may throw a few offers out later this week if I don’t see anything come in. 

@persiandud  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat

You are the only 3 owners that are in favor of keeping and modifying the kicker position for this league.  We have 6 that are voting to remove the kicker and another that is fine with that if the majority of the league are in favor of that.  Please voice any concerns on the topic of removing the kicker position and lets try to move forward.  I am not going to force this on owners that are strongly against the change.  

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

No major issue getting rid of it. Mainly I feel like it's part of the actual game, so it adds a little bit in, but I can understand because it is soemtimes swinging why people would want to get rid of it.

Thanks for the response.  It seems like most owners will drop and add kickers often during the season vs other positions.  

On 7/30/2018 at 8:36 PM, squire12 said:

@persiandud  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat

You are the only 3 owners that are in favor of keeping and modifying the kicker position for this league.  We have 6 that are voting to remove the kicker and another that is fine with that if the majority of the league are in favor of that.  Please voice any concerns on the topic of removing the kicker position and lets try to move forward.  I am not going to force this on owners that are strongly against the change.  

it was merely a vote, i'm good with whatever changes are made. as long as we aren't doing anything crazy like switching to a superflex or something