• J.D. Martinez
    • Jose Ramirez
    • Corey Seager
    • George Springer
    • Giancarlo Stanton
    • Mike Trout
    • Joey Votto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/2018 at 04:30 PM

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This was skippable tbh. Should have started at 2.

I dunno, I wanted to make sure there wasn't sizable dissent. Though tbh I don't even think the top 2 are in doubt at this point. #3 is where the real fun begins.

17 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

Uh, yeah. Mookie Betts is the best player in baseball right now, but if I'm starting a franchise from scratch, I'm taking Mike Trout because he's been a dominant player every single year.

Trout is still first in WAR

Mookie Betts is playing better offensively but his defensive, baserunning and tertiary metrics are still behind Trout. And the offensive gulf is not so large as too offset everything else.

Really it's a testament to Trout that a guy who's playing so out of his mind absurdly is still not as good as him.

11 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Trout is still first in WAR

Mookie leads Trout in AVG, SLG, OPS, K%, ISO, wRC+, AB/HR, SB, Hard%, and WPA. He's also a superb right fielder in a ballpark where that's critically important. Since all of those things are true and Trout still has a 0.3 fWAR and 0.8 bWAR advantage.. either WAR is flawed (likely) and/or I need to learn more about what goes into WAR (also likely).

Mookie Betts is the best player in baseball right now. Since I still don't know what exactly this poll is asking, I have yet to cast a vote.

17 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

Mookie leads Trout in AVG, SLG, OPS, K%, ISO, wRC+, AB/HR, SB, Hard%, and WPA. He's also a superb right fielder in a ballpark where that's critically important. Since all of those things are true and Trout still has a 0.3 fWAR and 0.8 bWAR advantage.. either WAR is flawed (likely) and/or I need to learn more about what goes into WAR (also likely).

Mookie Betts is the best player in baseball right now. Since I still don't know what exactly this poll is asking, I have yet to cast a vote.

ShimmeringCompassionateGraywolf-max-1mb.

NFEjKjN.gif

xpvSl.gif

laughter.gif

Archived