Dynasty Startup

twslhs20

I'm going to be apart of a dynasty startup this year. I guess we plan to do it on MFL.com I've never done one before and I was sent a doc of a constitution of sorts for our rules for the league. I've made some comments on it but I'm a bit in over my head. As far as I understand it, we have a 200 dollar salary cap budget for the rookie draft/free agent draft/waiver wire I guess my questions are what to expect, and general strategy for drafting?

We are running Full point PPR

QB, 2 x RB, 2 x WR, Flex (WR, RB,TE), TE, DEF, K 5 bench 2 IR spots (1 can be used for SUP players)

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Auctioned Salary

Previous Salary +3

Previous Salary +8

Previous Salary +14

Previous Salary +20

That's our FA salary cap increase and I don't know how I feel about it. I'd rather just own the players for life with no penalty. I don't know if this is the best system or not.

Any input would be appreciated.

This is a salary cap league vs a "dynasty" league.  

The additional aspect of the salary cap means that teams will have to be budgeting and factoring that into their moves and transactions.    With the increase in salary for players each year they are kept, it facilitates a good amount of turnover of the players and the incentive to hit on players of good/great value in the first year and then be able to keep them for a few years before their contract become cost prohibitive.

Is there a penalty (dead cap) for cutting a player?

Is the salary cap the same $200 for all future seasons, or does it go up .... say 10% each year?

Regarding the salary increases, is the subsequent year increase based on the original salary or the previous season?

Example:  If it is based on the previous season, keeping a player would mean salary 

year 1 = $5

Year 2 = $8

Year 3 = $16

Year 4 = $30

Year 5 =  $50

VS

Increase from original

Year 1 = $5

Year 2 = $8

Year 3 = $13

Year 4 = $19

Year 5 = $25

I don't think the salary cap increases which will make it difficult to keep top guys. I think it also stacks like the 1st example is how I interpret it.

I'm looking for a pros and cons reference online to see if this actually worth it.

I could send you this doc I was sent with the notes I made if we can send files through pm.

Archived