Injury Updates Thread

y2lamanaki

I thought we might try to trade McDonald, who could still be a decent backup TE for some teams, for a DB. At this point I'll bet we're going to be all over the waiver wire when the time comes.  I'd be shocked if we don't pick up a veteran CB or S.

20 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I thought we might try to trade McDonald, who could still be a decent backup TE for some teams, for a DB. At this point I'll bet we're going to be all over the waiver wire when the time comes.  I'd be shocked if we don't pick up a veteran CB or S.

I'm hopeful that we can trade Vance, I just don't see it happening. I don't see anyone having real interest in giving something up for him. We've peddled him once during the draft and gotten nowhere. A team like Baltimore doesn't have the cap space for him I'm pretty sure. IF I'm another team, I just sign Celek when we cut him. There is a nominal difference between the two to be perfectly honest; at least not a big enough one to justify paying Vance what he's scheduled to make and giving up something to get him. Just take Celek on a vet minimum deal, get nearly the same production and play on the field. 

@y2lamanaki I agree. I think this is best case for us, especially with Eric Reid in his contract year and most likely hitting FA next offseason. I see James and Tartt competing for the SS spot next year, and honestly wouldn't be surprised if James beat him out. I remember reading an article (can't remember who), that said James has looked better this offseason than Tartt. I'm also extremely happy that we got Jimmie Gilbert back on our IR, if he can spend his time adding some strength while he rehabs. I think he could be a player for us as well. 

26 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I'm with you GW, hopefully both these guys can use their recovery time to better prepare themselves for next year. I like what both these guys can potentially bring to the table. Do they count towards our PS total or are they just considered IR?

Just considered IR. They'll get their salary and count against the cap, but do not count as a roster spot. 

Archived