Jimmy Graham and Tight End Alignment

AlexGreen#20

12 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

You might be the most reductive baby on these forums.

Here’s a warning for personal attacks.  If you can’t post in a calm manner I suggest logging off and cooling down.  The swear filter isn’t in place for you to continue to swear.  Remember there are younger posters here that read there forums too.  Thanks.

I get it that some can understand the reasons behind letting Jordy go and some thought he was worth keeping, albeit at a reduce Cap number.  But if you read some of the lower points of this thread (which is Graham and the TE alignment) The most aggressive posts keep touting Jordy's 2016 season.....well if we were getting 2016 version of Jordy I think we all would agree that we keep him, BUT that was two years ago!  Watching him last season, no matter who the QB was, he looked slower and he did baseball slide a LOT more. Even in his first 5 games.  Both sides have exhausted their arguments and are only repeating themselves.

It's not 2016 and will we keep 4 TEs now so MM can run his 12 personnel?

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Here’s a warning for personal attacks.  If you can’t post in a calm manner I suggest logging off and cooling down.  The swear filter isn’t in place for you to continue to swear.  Remember there are younger posters here that read there forums too.  Thanks.

My bad. Is there any way you could allow users to put mods on the ignore list? It won't let me.

4 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

It's not 2016 and will we keep 4 TEs now so MM can run his 12 personnel?

Do we normally keep 4 TE's? Seems like alot - unless you're including the PS.

I think Graham, Kendricks & Lewis are roster locks.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

If anything, assuming we don't add a vet WR, you'd think GB will go heavy at WR versus TE. GB will do everything they can to hold onto those rookie WRs whereas they have nothing invested in TE outside of the big 3. Byrd is the closest but it's not like he's a draft pick. If anything, a great camp by Byrd probably means "cya" to Kendricks, but I doubt that'll happen. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If anything, assuming we don't add a vet WR, you'd think GB will go heavy at WR versus TE. GB will do everything they can to hold onto those rookie WRs

Agree with this. I dont think we'll add a vet WR unless the rookies prove themselves unworthy. Otherwise, I think they represent an investment in the future. Possible 2018 production - but 2019 at latest.

Tall....fast.....tall.....fast.....tall.....fast...... :)

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree with this. I dont think we'll add a vet WR unless the rookies prove themselves unworthy. Otherwise, I think they represent an investment in the future. Possible 2018 production - but 2019 at latest.

Tall....fast.....tall.....fast.....tall.....fast...... :)

Every time I see someone talk about measurables at wide  receiver I think of Troy Williamson... so much more than speed and height to the position

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

TE4 is only making the team for ST value. Especially if they have PS eligibility. They’re competing against FB and LB depth guys at those ST spots usually. 

2 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

My bad. Is there any way you could allow users to put mods on the ignore list? It won't let me.

No.  Webby doesn't want posters being able to ignore moderators.  You'll just have to ignore them the old fashioned way.

1 hour ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Every time I see someone talk about measurables at wide  receiver I think of Troy Williamson... so much more than speed and height to the position

You mean there are small WRs in the NFL that are productive? Noooooooooooooooo....it cant be! :)

Archived