Jimmy Graham and Tight End Alignment

AlexGreen#20

Or barring injury,will the 11 personnel be Adams-Cobb-Graham-somebody else (i.e. Allison/Yancey/Clark/rookie)?

James jones had 47 receptions for 676 yds as a rookie, which given the massive negative reaction from fans on draft day to his being picked, was a pretty good year for a rookie.  Rookies can provide reasonable production as a #3.

Just like having Finley or Cook in the lineup, adding Graham to the mix in 11 personnel should really make the job of the #3 a lot easier.  I think the real question at this point is how much of his old form does Graham have left, and can he stay healthy in order to provide that boost to the offense.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

For a pass-first oriented team (which GB is) which 11 personnel would you rather have...

Adams-Cobb-Bennett-Nelson

Adams-Cobb-Lewis-Graham

Nelson was cut for a reason, by people that had access to all the tape from last season.

It's time to move on

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

For a pass-first oriented team (which GB is) which 11 personnel would you rather have...

Adams-Cobb-Lewis-Graham

Probably the first one because Bennett was a much better receiving threat than Lewis is. Three guys on the perimeter are a horse a piece. 

If you told me the second choice allows me to have Muhammad Wilkerson on the team, it's that one all day long.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You can certainly run that set once in a while and it opens up the running game, but to be a consistent passing attack, ideally you want your 11 personnel to be Adams-Cobb-Graham-WR. We dont currently have that 4th guy IMO.

You don't think 1 guy out of what 6 or 7 receivers below Adams and Cobb will emerge out of this group as the 4th guy? Even if they aren't the talent of Dez or whomever else I have a hard time believing none of them are gonna turn into something. Hell i think many teams would be satisfied with Adams and Cobb as their top receivers. Look at New England they consistently don't have 1 or 2 big name Receivers every year.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Probably the first one because Bennett was a much better receiving threat than Lewis is. Three guys on the perimeter are a horse a piece. 

If you told me the second choice allows me to have Muhammad Wilkerson on the team, it's that one all day long.

We swapped Burnett for Wilk though. Not sure what the receivers have to do with that.

38 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You don't think 1 guy out of what 6 or 7 receivers below Adams and Cobb will emerge out of this group as the 4th guy? Even if they aren't the talent of Dez or whomever else I have a hard time believing none of them are gonna turn into something. Hell i think many teams would be satisfied with Adams and Cobb as their top receivers. Look at New England they consistently don't have 1 or 2 big name Receivers every year.

Allison, no.

The rookies, maybe but not in 2018.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think EQ has a chance, maybe Jmon. We just have to see in camp in preseason 

Could happen, I'm just going off of history and stats of WRs taken on Day 3. Seems unrealistic but maybe we found a diamond amongst the coal.

6 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

That's a dumb way of looking at things. Jordy's 2018 salary was some fictional number that means nothing. It's a hell of a lot more logical to look at what they actually got.

It's dumb to take the salary that actually was on the roster over one that wasn't? OK.

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Adams-Cobb-Lewis-Graham

Based on last year’s sample size? Adams, Cobb Lewis and graham.

Nelson didn’t make up for Bennett. I think Lewis/graham will be a better more consistent pair then Bennett /Nelson.

Id also hope McCarthy runs more England size two tight end sets. Plus given the body types we are bring in and drafting... they just want to have a basketball team for pass catchers.

Archived