Jimmy Graham and Tight End Alignment

AlexGreen#20

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I'd agree that Jordy will be better than the draft pick WRs in August and September, but December/January is a different story. Old legs die late in the season and Nelson's legs died late in 2017. The Packers saw this and reacted accordingly . The young WRs will gain from playing time and the Packers will reap the rewards of making the tough decisions about the WR crew for 2018 and beyond. Getting Adams some slot time also helps the Packers solidify their decision about Cobb's future as well.

Agree entirely. In more ways than one, this is a transition year for this position which (if the rookies can step up / step in) could effect the tail end of AR's career.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Jordy can't win consistently outside anymore and the slot role is well-covered by Cobb and n

I'd agree that Jordy will be better than the draft pick WRs in August and September, but December/January is a different story. Old legs die late in the season and Nelson's legs died late in 2017. The Packers saw this and reacted accordingly . The young WRs will gain from playing time and the Packers will reap the rewards of making the tough decisions about the WR crew for 2018 and beyond. Getting Adams some slot time also helps the Packers solidify their decision about Cobb's future as well.

Jordy's legs didn't him though, the QB did.  To not mention Brett Hundley anywhere in your post is crazy.  Down the stretch in 2016, when his legs should be failing him, he averaged over 7 catches, over 100 yards and a TD per game.  I refuse to believe that he lost everything in an offseason.  Tenant every bit of his struggles was him losing his athletic ability overnight and had nothing to do with QB play.  Its ridiculous that guys like Antonio Brown can have drastic decline in production with a back up yet Jordy is labeled dead with the same struggles.  

I  like Adams, but not for one single moment in his career has he ever been the best WR on his team.  Even last year, Jordy Nelson was the better and more productive player with AR12 at QB.  

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

or that he's diving for wildly inaccurate throws instead of catching stuff in stride. Everyone writing Jordy off because of half a season with Hundley still baffles me.

It didn't seem to effect Davante all that much...

29 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  like Adams, but not for one single moment in his career has he ever been the best WR on his team.  Even last year, Jordy Nelson was the better and more productive player with AR12 at QB.  

Through the first 5 games of the 2017 season

Jordy- 19 receptions, 230 yards, 6 TDs

Davante- 23 receptions, 285 yards, 4 TDs.

Jordy was better?

4 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Tweak the stats however you like. Adams has never in his life had a better year with Rodgers than Jordy.

He's had the last 25 games of his career as a better player than the last 25 games of Jordy's career. Nowhere in the above statement are we comparing best seasons or careers. 

Just now, Apex said:

Through the first 5 games

Jordy- 19 receptions, 230 yards, 6 TDs

Davante- 23 receptions, 285 yards, 4 TDs.

Jordy was better?

Yes, he was.  While Adams production is slightly better, you are ignoring the fact that he played in an extra game because of Jordy's injury on the first drive against Atlanta.  Adams played more than 70 extra offensive snaps in those 5 games and had just 4 more catches, 55 yards and 2 fewer TDs.  In what world is that better production or are we now completely ignoring snap counts and games played in our crusade to make Jordy into a garbage player?

Archived