Bold predictions

Dr.O

Make this thread every year so everyone can post there bold predictions for the year...here I go

Offense:

Teddy Starts the whole year and looks like the pre-injury Teddy(gets tagged and traded in offseason)

McCown retires and becomes QB coach

Bilal Powell leads the team in Rushing while Crowell leads team in Rushing TDs 

Eli McGuire takes over as the 3rd down back

Enunwa and Anderson both eclipse 900yards

Chad Hansen shows major progress and moves ahead of TP as the 4th WR and pushes Kearse for playing time

Eric Tomlinson is our starting TE and shows promise as a red zone threat. 

Herndon shows flashes at TE and looks the best out off the young guys 

OL is okay but Carp continues to regress eventually losing his Job to Doizer or Swanson

Defense:

Leo leads team in sacks with 8.5

Henry Anderson turns into a steal and Shepherd makes major contributions in the DL rotation

Lee continues to struggle and loses his job to KPL

We continue to struggle getting Edge pressure and Mauldin doesn’t make team

Jamal Adams continues to makes strides and becomes a superstar this year

Nickerson takes over as the NCB as Buster still sucks

Tru balls out showing why we paid him but Mo regresses from last year

Offense

Crowell rushes for 1100yds and 9TDs

Darnold starts week #3

Beachum struggle

Pryor = Braylon Edwards type production 

DEFENSE 

Jeremy Clark gets a shot and lights it up

Defense joins the top 10 for points allowed. 

Tackle leader : Lee (125) 

Sack leader: Jenkins (8.0)

INTs: Adams (5) 

Trinnaman or Canon becomes a kickoff return threat. 

Offense: 

Herndon catches 50+ passes

Enunwa leads the team in receptions

Anderson leads the team in receiving yards with 1000+

Defenses:

Leo gets at least 10 sacks

Jamal and Trumaine Johnson are in the Pro bowl discussion

Lee records at least 5 sacks

Sorry Dr. but I suck at making BOLD PREDICTIONS, I made a few over the last several years. and they all blow up in my face. I think the Jet defensive will keep us in a lot of games this year. On Offensive I agree with Rick I think Crowell will have a good year, the rest of the offensive has to many questions, will the O line stand up all year, and will TB be the starting QB to start the season. The only other prediction I will make is the Jets are going in the right direction. It definitely going to be a wait and see year, which is OK.

I thought when you guys say BOLD predictions that they would be out of this world.

Here are my BOLD predictions

Sam D. starts the last 7 games and wins all 7 taking us to the playoffs and we lose in the AFC Championship game against Pitt. (yes we have the pats twice in this run too)

Crowell rushes for 1,500 plus yards and ends up in second place among all RB in the league

Leo gets 15 sacks and is a top 3 sack leader. 

Adams gets 8 ints and returns 5 back for TD

Teddy does really well until in the first 8 games going 5-3 then blowing his knee out again and we get no value for him because we pushed him too much ending his career.

Anderson get arrested during the season and is cut the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh McCown starts the 1st 4 games. Bridgewater the next 6. And then Darnold the last 6.

Crowell rushes for over 1k. McGuire emerges as the beater receiving back than Powell.

Long stays healthy and locks down the Center position for us. Shell plays a great RT. Beachum struggles with health making LT a big time need next offseason. Winters bounces back with a healthy solid year.

Enunwa stays healthy but doesn’t look like his 2016 self. Anderson catches 10 TDs. Hansen and Stewart get good playing time and push Kearse and Pryor for playing time.

Leggett carves our the starting TE role but isn’t anything great.

Leo turns those QB hits into sacks and eclipses 10+ sacks. But Lozo is rightbthere with him for the team lead around 10 sacks as well.

Lee wakes up and starts making plays. Making us not hate the pick anymore.

Adams and Maye combine for 7+ INTs.

Nickerson by seasons end has Skrines slot CB role.

Tru shows us why he’s with the money. Doesn’t have crazy stats... but that’s bc teams avoid him. Making Claiborne lead the team in INTs with 6.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Josh McCown starts the 1st 4 games. Bridgewater the next 6. And then Darnold the last 6.

Crowell rushes for over 1k. McGuire emerges as the beater receiving back than Powell.

Long stays healthy and locks down the Center position for us. Shell plays a great RT. Beachum struggles with health making LT a big time need next offseason. Winters bounces back with a healthy solid year.

Enunwa stays healthy but doesn’t look like his 2016 self. Anderson catches 10 TDs. Hansen and Stewart get good playing time and push Kearse and Pryor for playing time.

Leggett carves our the starting TE role but isn’t anything great.

Leo turns those QB hits into sacks and eclipses 10+ sacks. But Lozo is rightbthere with him for the team lead around 10 sacks as well.

Lee wakes up and starts making plays. Making us not hate the pick anymore.

Adams and Maye combine for 7+ INTs.

Nickerson by seasons end has Skrines slot CB role.

Tru shows us why he’s with the money. Doesn’t have crazy stats... but that’s bc teams avoid him. Making Claiborne lead the team in INTs with 6.

I think the boldest predictions you made is Adams & Maye combining for 7 INTs, but the way those to play it is a distinct possibility they could do it. And what a boost it would be for the defensive. I still would like to see Bridgewater start the season, if 100%.

Let's have some fun:

Teddy wins job out of camp, but then is very pedestrian during the season and Darnold takes over week 6

Crowell leads team in rushing with 1200 yds

Leggett and Herndon are on the field at the same time frequently and create match up nightmares that lead to comparisons of the Gronk/Hernandez Pats days

Q regresses from his injury unfortunately and becomes a non factor in his last year in the league

Hanson takes over starting WR duties by week 4

Williams leads team in tackles

Nickerson starts day 1 as the slot corner pushing Skrine to 4th CB

Leo makes All Pro team and has 11 sackes

Copeland becomes our edge guy and finishing with 9 sacks

Adams / Maye become viewed as the best Safety tandem in the league and combine for 10 INTs

Tru is spectacular in coverage but ends up with only 1 INT

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Dr.O said:

Make this thread every year so everyone can post there bold predictions for the year...here I go

Offense:

Teddy Starts the whole year and looks like the pre-injury Teddy(gets tagged and traded in offseason)

McCown retires and becomes QB coach

Bilal Powell leads the team in Rushing while Crowell leads team in Rushing TDs 

Eli McGuire takes over as the 3rd down back

Enunwa and Anderson both eclipse 900yards

Chad Hansen shows major progress and moves ahead of TP as the 4th WR and pushes Kearse for playing time

Eric Tomlinson is our starting TE and shows promise as a red zone threat. 

Herndon shows flashes at TE and looks the best out off the young guys 

OL is okay but Carp continues to regress eventually losing his Job to Doizer or Swanson

Defense:

Leo leads team in sacks with 8.5

Henry Anderson turns into a steal and Shepherd makes major contributions in the DL rotation

Lee continues to struggle and loses his job to KPL

We continue to struggle getting Edge pressure and Mauldin doesn’t make team

Jamal Adams continues to makes strides and becomes a superstar this year

Nickerson takes over as the NCB as Buster still sucks

Tru balls out showing why we paid him but Mo regresses from last year

Eli Mc Guire, is going to be out most of the year with a broken foot. However you could be right on the rest of your predictions

29 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Eli Mc Guire, is going to be out most of the year with a broken foot. However you could be right on the rest of your predictions

He's only expected to miss six weeks. Could potentially be back for week 1. 

Darnold starts week 1 and leads us to a .500 record

Anderson has 1,100 yards and become the clear #1 WR

Herndon locks up the TE spot and has 7+ TD's

We are top 15 D overall and top 5 against against the run.  

Derrick Jones pushed Mo to the 4th CB spot and becomes the #1 CB.  Tru disappoints.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived