Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

I think it'd be dumb for them to sit out. NFL = Not For Long. Players who have sat out before have a tough tough time getting back to where they were before the hold out / sit out.

I admire the intentions, but there are other ways to go about it that don't affect your professional career as much.

With that said, the fall out would be interesting. Could fracture the NFL and cause another league to form.

When Shanahan and Lynch took over the 49ers front office, they met with Kaepernick. Shortly after, Kaep opted to terminate the year he had left on his contract with the 49ers. He decided to walk away and no one else saw him as worthy of a starting job at the money he was making (last I heard it was $14 million/year). 

As someone already pointed out in this thread, he is a bad QB with a strong arm and can run fast. Not a good resume.

Surprised to see this thread get to 5 pages:

No NFL player will do this. Every "star" player who is thinking about doing it has a hungry backup on the roster who would jump at the snaps. Hell, every bottom-roster athlete who is thinking about doing this has a practice squad guy chomping at the bit as well.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree.....unless he meant "not good enough to be a STARTING NFL QB"....then I agree with him.

If you take a look at the bottom-tier starters in the NFL right now, I think I would still disagree there. However, at this point you have to factor in that Kaepernick hasn't played in 2 years.

I think Kaep is a complete tool, but he absolutely is good enough to be a high end backup and even a stop-gap type of starter.

However, is he good enough to overlook the headache he brings?     I dont know.    Teams obviously dont think so.     As a Steeler fan, I wouldnt be opposed to giving him a spot, but the minute he became a distraction, he would be gone.

When he was in SF that entire locker room was behind him and said he wasn't a headache or a burden for them.

As far as Eric Reid....dude is an idiot and has no legs to stand on.    Teams have steered away from free agent safeties.    Guys like Tre Boston and Kenny Vacarro are still available, and Reid isnt notably better than either of them, if at all.     Reid's whiny BS isnt going to get him signed, though. 

Reid is actually noticeably better than both of those guys. I'm not sure why people think Eric Reid is some garbage or below average Safety....

18 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

When he was in SF that entire locker room was behind him and said he wasn't a headache or a burden for them.

It's not Colin that's the distraction, it's the media coverage that's the distraction. Early on, it was a footnote, but the attention has snowballed into something that would be overwhelming now.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yes.

Also newsworthy: I am hereby announcing that I am sitting out the 2018 NFL season

Announcing that you're considering sitting out the 2018 NFL season. Get it right.

@EliteTexan80 Yeah I agree right now if Kaepernick was signed everything would be different, but a year ago, or two years ago, the same would not have been true. People like to think that back then he was a huge distraction for SF, and numerous times his teammates defended him when that would come up.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

People like to think that back then he was a huge distraction for SF, and numerous times his teammates defended him when that would come up.

How do you personally define distraction?  If you're constantly asked about something instead of what you should be focusing on (football), is that not by definition a distraction?  

Archived