Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

7 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I doubt it happens, but the fall-out would be interesting if they went through with it.

And risk their money? Highly unlikely. But if I had to pick the players I hope to sit out. I hope it's all the best players from the Redskins, Eagles, and Giants. I would love it if Barkley, the entire Eagles front line, Alex Smith among others sat out.

I think the question should be. Who on your division rivals do you want to sit out the season for the good of your team? :D

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

The day a player gives up millions of dollars for Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid is the day I become a Tom Brady fan. 

No player is going to give up game checks.  None.  The players that would give up game checks aren't making enough money to give them up (and would also be cut if they sat out), and the players who are big enough stars to make their team or the league antsy wouldn't give up the game checks for Kaepernick. 

I could see Leveon Bell or ODB sitting out for a new contract and SAYING it's for Kaepernick though.  That's about all I could see happening. 

I just dont see it happening. Kaepernick isn't exactly some all-pro QB that teams should be pursuing big time to sign to where you think he is being blackballed. Regardless of how people feel about his cause, much like Tebow's it caused a distraction(not even saying it in a negative connotation) but some teams just dont want the extra publicity from their backup QB no less. Now the whole Eric Reid situation is baffling because he is actually better than alot of other starting safeties. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just dont see it happening. Kaepernick isn't exactly some all-pro QB that teams should be pursuing big time to sign to where you think he is being blackballed. Regardless of how people feel about his cause, much like Tebow's it caused a distraction(not even saying it in a negative connotation) but some teams just dont want the extra publicity from their backup QB no less. Now the whole Eric Reid situation is baffling because he is actually better than alot of other starting safeties. 

There's still other good safeties that haven't been signed. He's also suing the league. There's a lot of factors there.

If this were MLB, the NHL, or the NBA I'd see it as more likely to happen but NFL players never take stands against the owners like this. Its obvious that the owners are colluding here (no way in hell Kaep isn't one of the 64 best QBs in the world and Reid's ability speaks for itself) but the courts will have to settle that and I am guessing the NFL will get away with it. 

1 hour ago, youngosu said:

If this were MLB, the NHL, or the NBA I'd see it as more likely to happen but NFL players never take stands against the owners like this. Its obvious that the owners are colluding here (no way in hell Kaep isn't one of the 64 best QBs in the world and Reid's ability speaks for itself) but the courts will have to settle that and I am guessing the NFL will get away with it. 

I think most everyone(not all but most) would agree with this but like i said above, I think the publicity he gets from whoever signs him will bring alot of attention that alot of teams dont want from their BACKUP. Thats the thing, this isn't a guy with major talent that is 1 contract away from being a starting QB in a league that is constantly grasping at straws to find one. The backup is someone that no one should really be that involved in. Its like the Tebow situation in a lot of ways. He received so much press for something not football related and alot of teams didnt want all that for someone that simply wasn't worth the trouble. If Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Carr or someone else around Kaep's age took this stand and was still a FA then there is a serious problem but the talent that he has NOW doesnt match the publicity and everything that surrounds him. It likely isn't going to help a locker room and if your backup QB is causing problems, he won't be there for long 

Archived