Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

38 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao no they are not. One person who puts in a billion has more say over an organization then guys who don't put anything in. They get paid for a service but they are an employee. They have rights sure. But you are coming way out of left field with that statement. And as far as Kaep goes, he sucked at what he put in.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ask your boss if you guys are partners. Let me know how that goes? 

Laugh all you want but its true. Its how effective union/employer relationships work. 

The players are guaranteed certain things because of this partnership.

And my boss wouldn't laugh because I am in a union and my bosses know and call it a partnership. 

1 minute ago, youngosu said:

Laugh all you want but its true. Its how effective union/employer relationships work. 

The players are guaranteed certain things because of this partnership.

And my boss wouldn't laugh because I am in a union and my bosses know and call it a partnership. 

Sure its the illusion of power. Like when they say you are a valued employee but they give you a 3 strike policy.

The players are gauranteed certain things because of the union. Because Unions and employees have rights. But they have to prove those rights have been violated. Kaep will never be able to prove that.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Sure its the illusion of power. Like when they say you are a valued employee but they give you a 3 strike policy.

The players are gauranteed certain things because of the union. Because Unions and employees have rights. But they have to prove those rights have been violated. Kaep will never be able to prove that.

I never said he would but its still factual that the owners aren't masters  of their universe. If they were Kaep wouldn't even be given the opportunity to prove anything. 

And claiming its an illusion of power is false. Unions have far more than just an illusion of power.

2 minutes ago, youngosu said:

I never said he would but its still factual that the owners aren't masters  of their universe. If they were Kaep wouldn't even be given the opportunity to prove anything. 

And claiming its an illusion of power is false. Unions have far more than just an illusion of power. 

Well they are about to get away with blackballing him. So they kinda are.

When he caused them trouble and drama he signed his own death warrant.

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s not better than Keenum, Taylor or Brissett so you’re grasping right now. I don’t understand why people just can’t let go? The guy is terrible and along with that he brings baggage. Not only that but he can’t play outside of the read-option. He struggles dropping back and reading defenses. Why on earth would you sign a guy with baggage who you then have to alter your entire scheme for? 

Would he be in a roster minus the kneeling, most likely. He’s still not any good and wouldn’t be starting unless pressed into it. This is no different than RG3, Brock Osweiler or any other QB that had a good stretch of play that they couldn’t recapture. It’s over. Move on. 

Not grasping, I never said he'd start 16 games but if Osweiler is still getting starts Kaep would be. 

I disagree that you have to alter your entire scheme for Kaep so I'm not even gonna go down that road since that is simply your opinion. 

And for the record, it has nothing to do with "letting go"

I don't even like Kaep, I just don't like seeing obvious violations of anti-trust rights being ignored. And while the owners may get away with it if you honestly believe there wasn't any collusion you might be interested in a couple bridges I have for sale. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Well they are about to get away with blackballing him. So they kinda are.

When he caused them trouble and drama he signed his own death warrant.

At least you agree they blackballed him. 

That is the only point I have been trying to make. 

Rather they get away with it or not its definitely what happened. 

I'm not as convinced they will get away with it as you are, all he needs to find is 1 e-mail between a couple owners and an arbitrator will likely give him a nice payout. 

All that said and to get back on topic. 

No players are gonna sit, its the same reason NFL players are the only one's without guaranteed contracts, the owners know that players aren't willing to give up 1 of their 3-5 prime earning years to make things better for everyone moving forward. The other unions have all proved a willingness to blow up entire seasons if need to be to get what they want in a CBA, NFL players have never and likely never will show such a commitment. 

3 minutes ago, youngosu said:

At least you agree they blackballed him.

I never disagreed that they aren't. Infact I don't even disagree with it. I wanna get back to watching football the way it was.

3 minutes ago, youngosu said:

I'm not as convinced they will get away with it as you are, all he needs to find is 1 e-mail between a couple owners and an arbitrator will likely give him a nice payout. 

Good luck with that. No such email will exist. Unless they are complete morons all that was needed was a informal meeting on a yacht, at a villa, anywhere but face to face to tell the coach these guys are not gonna be playing again.

I don't believe the owners are colluding. Not really sure what team he would start for. So, this means he is essentially a backup in this league. A lot of teams don't want distractions. So, they are not going to sign a backup who is going to bring attention to their team. Maybe they all came to the same conclusion on Kap. But colluding implies the owners met and decided they wouldn't sign Kap. I don't think that happened.

The Eric Reid situation is a bit different. He is a mid level starter. The Jets brought him in for a visit a week or so ago. So, I don't think this is collusion either. I think it has to do with a combination of the safety market, and some owners not wanting the distraction. The Honey Badger got $7 mil for 1 year.

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don't believe the owners are colluding. Not really sure what team he would start for. So, this means he is essentially a backup in this league. A lot of teams don't want distractions. So, they are not going to sign a backup who is going to bring attention to their team. Maybe they all came to the same conclusion on Kap. But colluding implies the owners met and decided they wouldn't sign Kap. I don't think that happened.

The Eric Reid situation is a bit different. He is a mid level starter. The Jets brought him in for a visit a week or so ago. So, I don't think this is collusion either. I think it has to do with a combination of the safety market, and some owners not wanting the distraction. The Honey Badger got $7 mil for 1 year.

The jets also drafted to safeties high last year so signing Reid doesn’t make a whole lot of sense 

7 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

The jets also drafted to safeties high last year so signing Reid doesn’t make a whole lot of sense 

Right. Not really sure what we trying to do. Possibly play one of them as a LB or play a lot of 3 safety looks which Bowles does. But I was sort of trying to point out that there are teams who are meeting with him. Not sure how many other teams met with him though.

I just find it hard to believe all the teams got together a colluded on this issue. I think it has more to do with most owners having a similar mine set of not wanting distractions.

Even Chris Johnson who backed the protesters said he prefers them to stand. So, the one owner who said he will pick up the fines also said he prefers this not happen. 

3 hours ago, youngosu said:

If Kaep hadn't kneeled leading to collusion amongst the owners Kaep would be starting. 

Eh, I don't know about that. He might be a spot starter or bridge QB at best. But since he's not a good QB, owners probably feel like he's not worth the headache when there's plenty of QBs who are of a similar caliber talent wise (essentially totally mediocre) yet wouldn't be big distractions.

I know that the reason for this is important but I'll be very damn happy when we don't have to hear about Kaepernick, Eric Reid, kneeling, the Anthem, etc.

I can't find myself to care/support/oppose any of the parties involved anymore. I just want to stop turning on ESPN or NFL Network or NBC Sports or Fox Sports and have to sit through 30 minutes of "kneeling" discussion to get to interesting topics.

Shaun King has no source, no NFL player he's speaking to for inside info. What he is doing is attempting to draw attention to himself and he's dumb enough to think that maybe some dumb player will even take the idea up.

If players were going to refuse services to draw attention to Kaep/Reid, they'd be doing it now. When it's visible, but there aren't financial repercussions.

Archived