Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Good luck with that. No such email will exist. Unless they are complete morons all that was needed was a informal meeting on a yacht, at a villa, anywhere but face to face to tell the coach these guys are not gonna be playing again.

I guess that depends on how many are willing to personally risk a perjury charge down the line to avoid paying out what would be virtually nothing to the league. 

Supposedly he has already found evidence that people in the league view him as a starter from depositions, if that is true its gonna be pretty hard to claim 32 teams independently decided he wasn't worth signing. 

And, frankly I think you give them far too much credit in the "meet on a yacht" department, there are already recording of owners discussing not wanting him because of Trump in NFL offices with representatives of the NFLPA in the room. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/25/leaked-tapes-nfl-owners-players-october-meeting-kaepernick-collusion-case-donald-trump

If owners are dumb enough to do that do you really think no e-mails conversations occurred?

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Eh, I don't know about that. He might be a spot starter or bridge QB at best. But since he's not a good QB, owners probably feel like he's not worth the headache when there's plenty of QBs who are of a similar caliber talent wise (essentially totally mediocre) yet wouldn't be big distractions.

Teams viewed Kaep as a starting QB throughout the league. So while you may feel this way about Kaep its not what the teams believe. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-nfl-collusion-grievance-starting-qb-national-anthem-protest/ljd4ox7tw81p17wt3arqytdjs

2 hours ago, youngosu said:

This comment just cracks me up. As if Kaep has changed the game in anyway, shape, or form. 

With his idiotic distractions he has. Instead of listening to things like possible game plans, whos gonna win, fantasy football, w/e I don't care to hear about his nonsense that has nothing to do with football.

1 hour ago, youngosu said:

I guess that depends on how many are willing to personally risk a perjury charge down the line to avoid paying out what would be virtually nothing to the league. 

Yea try none because they are not gonna get a payout. They will be the ones paying out.

Supposedly he has already found evidence that people in the league view him as a starter from depositions, if that is true its gonna be pretty hard to claim 32 teams independently decided he wasn't worth signing. 

Supposedly. I can tell you same thing. And chances are I don't have it. Cause if I did I would be auctioning it off to the highest bidder. And he would have already thrown that ish on youtube.

And, frankly I think you give them far too much credit in the "meet on a yacht" department, there are already recording of owners discussing not wanting him because of Trump in NFL offices with representatives of the NFLPA in the room. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/25/leaked-tapes-nfl-owners-players-october-meeting-kaepernick-collusion-case-donald-trump

If owners are dumb enough to do that do you really think no e-mails conversations occurred?

You mean these owners who came out and supposedly supported their players against certain people who bashed them? So they go out of their way to take a stand against certain messages made around that time then run behind closed doors and say "OMGSH we can't piss off this guy, what will he do to us?"

5 hours ago, youngosu said:

Tom Savage got 7 starts last year

CJ Beathard got 5 starts last year

Brett Hundley got 9 starts last year

Brock Oswieler got 4 starts last year

Jacoby Brissett got 15 starts last year

Trevor Siemian got 10 starts last year

And Blaine Gabbart is still getting starts (5 last year) so it appears the NFL disagrees with your assessment of Gabbart otherwise he wouldn't still be getting starts.

If Kaep hadn't kneeled he'd have started multiple games last year. Claiming otherwise is simply lying to yourself. 

As for who he'd probably have been starting for, the Browns, Broncos, or Colts. Maybe the Packers after Rodgers injury or Bills after they decided Taylor wasn't their guy. 

This is the least surprising post I think I have ever seen on any site ever.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Exactly. If this was Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers they would obviously had a case. But this guy was benched then started doing this. They can easily sweep this under a rug. Even a judge who sympethizes with Kaep would have a very hard time ruling in his favor considering you have 32 billionaire owners ready to just ride this thing out for the next 10 or 20 years with ease. Kaep has already lost this war.

This isn't the battle of Issus, it's the Alamo. And he will lose and probably walk away penniless. The best thing he can do is create some really bad publicity and hope they are willing to settle out of court for a few million to just get over with. But his playing days are done. 

According to the spiegel - one of germanys biggest papers, kaepernick is like Rodgers and Brady (as evidenced by the sb run and later contract size. 

His inability to get hired today is entirely down to America being evil and him fighting like Jesus, for the rights of all humans. 

23 minutes ago, The Hitch said:

According to the spiegel - one of germanys biggest papers, kaepernick is like Rodgers and Brady (as evidenced by the sb run and later contract size. 

His inability to get hired today is entirely down to America being evil and him fighting like Jesus, for the rights of all humans. 

I can't even fathom how they came to that conclusion.

Shaun King is full of crap.

I think he's significantly stretching the definition of "star player". I think he's stretching the definition of "several" as well. Furthermore, he's saying they're "considering" sitting out, meaning nothing is happening and nothing is likely to happen.

"They aim to get 25% of players to sit out with them" LOLOLOLOLOLOL you can't even get 25% of the players to agree on a CBA, much less to sacrifice their paycheck (and most likely career) to sit out.

Like, I fully support it if they do, but this is just nonsense from Shaun King looking to get media attention and RT's on Twitter.

7 hours ago, youngosu said:

Tom Savage got 7 starts last year - SALARY - $690,000

CJ Beathard got 5 starts last year - SALARY - $465,000

Brett Hundley got 9 starts last year - SALARY - $705,000

Brock Oswieler got 4 starts last year - SALARY - $775,000

Jacoby Brissett got 15 starts last year - SALARY - $341,000

Trevor Siemian got 10 starts last year - SALARY - $615,000

And Blaine Gabbart is still getting starts (5 last year) - SALARY - $775,000 -  so it appears the NFL disagrees with your assessment of Gabbart otherwise he wouldn't still be getting starts.

If Kaep hadn't kneeled he'd have started multiple games last year. Claiming otherwise is simply lying to yourself. 

As for who he'd probably have been starting for, the Browns, Broncos, or Colts. Maybe the Packers after Rodgers injury or Bills after they decided Taylor wasn't their guy. 

I see a pattern here...

I doubt Kaepernick would play for those salaries. 

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

This is just flat out not true and everyone here knows it.

I agree.....unless he meant "not good enough to be a STARTING NFL QB"....then I agree with him.

I think Kaep is a complete tool, but he absolutely is good enough to be a high end backup and even a stop-gap type of starter.

However, is he good enough to overlook the headache he brings?     I dont know.    Teams obviously dont think so.     As a Steeler fan, I wouldnt be opposed to giving him a spot, but the minute he became a distraction, he would be gone.

As far as Eric Reid....dude is an idiot and has no legs to stand on.    Teams have steered away from free agent safeties.    Guys like Tre Boston and Kenny Vacarro are still available, and Reid isnt notably better than either of them, if at all.     Reid's whiny BS isnt going to get him signed, though. 

Archived