Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Uh oh... Before I respond to everything else, you said the Niners released Kaepernick.  Turns out that's the narrative being hinted at, but it's not true.  Colin Kaepernick opted out of his contract.  People seem to forget that when they bring up collusion and all that.  Maybe Kaepernick should be a co-defendant to his collusion case considering not even HE was willing to play for the Niners. 

He opted out tho because the niners where going to cut him anyways and he wanted to hit free agency asap, so he didn't have to wait on them to do so.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:27 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I doubt it happens, but the fall-out would be interesting if they went through with it.

This dude is wrong so much more often than he is right, from what I've seen.

This is career suicide and I'm not buying it.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Something about a women making accusations towards a cop 

Exactly. He backed this woman's accusations that a cop sexually harassed her, got his minions to get all riled up and send the cop death threats, then the body cam footage comes out and WHOOPS, nothing to see here. Talcum X has yet to apologize to the officer from what I understand.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Is that how he thinks this works?

You can't "earn" anything if the whole world is a battle ground of ideologies, you silly goose. Just ask the hundreds of NFL players who are gifted roster spots on an annual basis.

You can start with this guy:

14879.png&w=350&h=254

1) The source might have had a shred of credibility in other spheres, but he doesn't in sports spheres; sorry, but "star players" wouldn't choose him as the outlet to reveal this - they'd use someone with a larger platform and King would be piggybacking on this story.

2) Even if this was a credible report, the NFLPA would quash this in a heartbeat - especially this close to the new CBA discussions... they want leverage and stars sitting themselves over this doesn't help them in the battle where they try to leverage all players (not just the stars) being willing to sit out in order to get the best deal possible.

8 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

First off, that's what I meant by him being an okay stop Gap. teams that have a low end starter are looking to replace them... just like they would be looking to replace Kaepernick... Because he isn't long-term starter quality, and that's not debatable.

Secondly, just because he wasn't a distraction to the players doesn't mean he wasn't a distraction to the organization. He clearly was. I could go deeper into this, but I won't because I don't want the thread to get derailed.

Third, I never said Eric Reid was a bad safety. Try reading. I said he wasn't notably better than other safeties on the market. But you're completely over rating him. He is nothing special whatsoever. he is above average to merely good. he is not notably better then Boston. He IS however, better than numerous current starting safeties in this league... So I do think he should have a roster spot. However, there are numerous quality free agents on the market that should be on teams as well... So it's not unprecedented, especially with Eric Reid's continuous whining.

Archived