Star Players To Sit Out?

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Kaepernick has had an opportunity to be on a team as a backup and turned it down.

He did? Where?

Also, unrelated to your post is this article that was just released this morning, saying at least one owner has testified under oath that he changed his mind about signing Kaepernick because of the President. Collusion case for Kaepernick grows stronger.

An NFL owner testified under penalty of perjury that he changed his mind about hiring NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick because of President Trump’s comments, Kaepernick’s attorney Mark Geragos told me on my podcast “Straight Aim” Tuesday .

The Kaepernick legal team has already conducted more than 14 depositions of league coaches, managers and owners including billionaire Patriots owner Bob Kraft Geragos said, revealing that several owners have testified that Trump and/or Kaepernick’s position regarding the national anthem influenced their hiring practices.

When several owners are testifying that they're being pressured by the President to not sign Kaepernick, we can disregard the obvious legal ramifications for that and just look at this within the context of the NFL and conclude that it's pretty straight-forward collusion amongst owners to not sign Colin Kaepernick.

How this relates to players sitting out? I would imagine that as the collusion case grows stronger (we already have owners/coaches on record saying they view Kaepernick as a starting QB, but nobody will hire him. Now we have at least one owner saying he changed his mind about hiring Kaepernick and several owners who say they were influenced not to sign him) more players may want to sit out or continue protesting. I'll be interested to see how players go about this, whether it's just mass protests in the locker rooms before games, or if players continue to kneel on the sidelines and take the punishment.

36 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

He did? Where?

Also, unrelated to your post is this article that was just released this morning, saying at least one owner has testified under oath that he changed his mind about signing Kaepernick because of the President. Collusion case for Kaepernick grows stronger.

When several owners are testifying that they're being pressured by the President to not sign Kaepernick, we can disregard the obvious legal ramifications for that and just look at this within the context of the NFL and conclude that it's pretty straight-forward collusion amongst owners to not sign Colin Kaepernick.

How this relates to players sitting out? I would imagine that as the collusion case grows stronger (we already have owners/coaches on record saying they view Kaepernick as a starting QB, but nobody will hire him. Now we have at least one owner saying he changed his mind about hiring Kaepernick and several owners who say they were influenced not to sign him) more players may want to sit out or continue protesting. I'll be interested to see how players go about this, whether it's just mass protests in the locker rooms before games, or if players continue to kneel on the sidelines and take the punishment.

Its not collusion if its only because of Trump. Its only collusion if at least 2 owners or an owner and the league office discussed not signing him (which could be because of Trump at that point).

Collusion obviously happened, the proof will be hard to come by. 

And I too would like to know where he turned down a back up job. 

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

How is that collusion?  

18 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:
On 5/29/2018 at 8:24 AM, Darth Pees said:

First off, that's what I meant by him being an okay stop Gap. teams that have a low end starter are looking to replace them... just like they would be looking to replace Kaepernick... Because he isn't long-term starter quality, and that's not debatable.

NFL coaches has said under oath they see Kaep as a starting quality QB. 

So unless you know NFL coaches who have told you he is only a stop gap it is in fact debatable. 

He said "thinking about?" so that is not a definite yes. it's simply a possibility so anyone who gets dishonest journalist from someone saying "thinking about" is a moron..period.. Shaun King is an american writer, political commentator and civil rights activist so his work is focused of that. Just because someone talks about the reality of racism you may not have the courage to confront it doesn't mean they are not trustworthy..it just means you are a coward or worse perhaps.

The tweet said "thinking about" ..it is a possibility and no where near a fact... calm yourselves. lol 

Collusion is REALLY difficult to prove barring electronic messages and written memos. Can you prove bias/prejudice? Sure, but that isn't collusion. You have to have irrefutable proof that 2 or more parties conspired or worked together to prevent employment. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Collusion is REALLY difficult to prove barring electronic messages and written memos. Can you prove bias/prejudice? Sure, but that isn't collusion. You have to have irrefutable proof that 2 or more parties conspired or worked together to prevent employment. 

It's not easy, no. In this case, if collusion did happen (and I'm fairly sure it did), there would be a lot of people involved with it. So, it may end up being provable. A lot of times, it's not. 

Kaeps talent doesn't out weigh the circus that comes with him. Eric Reid on the other hand is a starting caliber S in this league. I believe he'll get signed somewhere

As for players sitting. This simply isn't gonna happen. It's a breach of contract and the legal ramifications will be immense.

Is it blackballing/collusion if every team separately decides they don't want him on their roster because of the kneeling thing?

He's not even good. People who identified with his "cause" have placed him on a pedestal he never deserved to be on. He's drama. He's not young. He's not someone you want mentoring your young QB. He requires a complete scheme change if you're going to play him. Why on earth would anyone sign him? It's not like people aren't signing him because of his protest. Do you guys really think that if Jameis Winston or Cam Newton did the exact same protest they would be out of the NFL right now?

Archived