2018 NCAA Baseball Tournament

devils1854

Its that time of year again. It has been a great season so far, and like usual, the SEC has utterly dominated the regular season, and they have 10 teams in the tournament, and two others had strong cases to be in. Florida has been the most dominant team all season, but they have coasted into the postseason, and have lost 5 of their 6 past games, but they are still loaded. 4 potential first rounders just this season. Havent really watched much of the west coast this year, but from what Ive seen, its bad. Stanford and Oregon State are riding high on playing in a very bad conference, and non-conference games against west coast teams that are down. I would watch out for the Big 10. This could be the best season ever for the conference, and Minnesota and Indiana are legit, and Purdue is sneaky good.

Two teams that should be in, and two that should be out

#30 Kentucky(34-22)- 16-16(group 1), 10-12(away), 22(SOS)
#47 Illinois(32-20)- 7-7(group 1), 12-6(away), 42(SOS)

#35 Northeastern(36-19)- 3-9(group 1), 11-10(away), 74(SOS)
#33 Florida Atlantic(40-17)- 2-5(group 1), 13-9-1(Away), 82(SOS)

Northeastern showed that you dont even have to beat good teams, just play some and inflate your RPI, and you'll get in, even if you dont win your bad conference. 0-4 vs Texas Tech, 1-2 vs Auburn, 0-1 vs UCONN, 2-4 vs Wilmington(who beat them in the CAA Championship), 2-2 vs Missouri.

1.Florida vs Columbia, Jacksonville vs Florida Atlantic
16.North Carolina State vs Army, Northeastern vs Auburn

8.Georgia vs Campbell, Troy vs Duke
9.Texas Tech vs New Mexico State, Louisville vs Kent State

4.Ole Miss vs St Louis, Tennessee Tech vs Missouri State
13.Texas vs Texas Southern, Texas A&M vs Indiana

5.Arkansas vs Oral Roberts, Southern Miss vs Dallas Baptist
12.East Carolina vs UNC Wilmington, South Carolina vs Ohio State

3.Oregon State vs Northwestern State, LSU vs San Diego State
14.Minnesota vs Canisius, UCLA vs Gonzaga

6.North Carolina vs North Carolina A&T, Purdue vs Houston
11.Stetson vs Hartford, South Florida vs Oklahoma State

2.Stanford vs Wright State, Baylor vs Cal State Fullerton
15.Coastal Carolina vs LIU Brooklyn, UCONN vs Washington

7.Florida State vs Samford, Mississippi State vs Oklahoma
10.Clemson vs Morehead State, Vanderbilt vs St John's

My predictions that will be wrong

1.Florida vs Auburn
8.Georgia vs Louisville
4.Ole Miss vs Indiana
12.East Carolina vs Dallas Baptist
14.Minnesota vs LSU
11.Stetson vs Purdue
Baylor vs Washington
7.Florida State vs 10.Clemson

1.Florida vs 8.Georgia
12.East Carolina vs Indiana
11.Stetson vs 14.Minnesota
10.Clemson vs Baylor

1.Florida vs Baylor

Speaking of Kody Clemens, what the hell happened? I know his BABIP was pretty low his first two seasons but, damn, he exploded as a power hitter this year. He find his dad's "doctor" or something? I know he had TJS but wow.

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Speaking of Kody Clemens, what the hell happened? I know his BABIP was pretty low his first two seasons but, damn, he exploded as a power hitter this year. He find his dad's "doctor" or something? I know he had TJS but wow.

I think players coming out of nowhere is more common in college baseball than any other majorish college sport, so I really wouldnt put too much stock in it. Plus, he was an all american in high school, so he has talent.

19 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Florida State going 0-2 in their own home regional is not shocking at all. Mike Martin might be the most overrated coach in college baseball history.

Agreed. He's 74 years old. Time for him to be put out to pasture like Bowden was.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived