FIFA 18

Heimdallr

FIFA 17 was easily the worst in the series so far. I thought the game play was tremendously unfun and the AI defending was way too overpowered and just incredibly frustrating to play against. I will definitely be trying FIFA 18 before I buy it and unless there major changes in game play I won't be buying it for the first time in a long time.  

5 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

FIFA 17 was easily the worst in the series so far. I thought the game play was tremendously unfun and the AI defending was way too overpowered and just incredibly frustrating to play against. I will definitely be trying FIFA 18 before I buy it and unless there major changes in game play I won't be buying it for the first time in a long time.  

Couldn't agree more. I got lucky and got this for $20 on Black  Friday... and sold it so fast; you'd forget I owned it. So disappointing. 

Worst part is the CPU cheating in this game almost seems like it's scripted to force you into playing online.

Want to win a header in the box? Good luck.

Want to get away with a quality tackle against the CPU without getting called for a foul? Good luck.

Want to outrun a CPU defender even when your player has significantly more speed? GOOD LUCK.

I want to know if they're ever adding that Creation Centre again. I loved making my own team on PS3. I want a Pittsburgh team in the MLS!

2 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

Gonna try the beta first before i buy it. Hopfully the gameplay is better this year, last years was the worst gameplay i have played. 

Seems like a lot of people feel this way, myself included. I don't mind a challenge but playing this game was just so frustrating and was not enjoyable at all. Hopefully 18 is good because I desperately miss pouring a lot of time into career mode. 

It's just not soccer. There is no pressing or counter pressing (which is 90% of defending in soccer these days), hardly any tactics or strategy and certainly no noticeable CPU reaction to tactics. The CPU just play forward passes (most passes are lateral or backwards during a build up). It's.Not.Soccer.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's just not soccer. There is no pressing or counter pressing (which is 90% of defending in soccer these days), hardly any tactics or strategy and certainly no noticeable CPU reaction to tactics. The CPU just play forward passes (most passes are lateral or backwards during a build up). It's.Not.Soccer.

I also hate how all the CPU teams play the exact same. I'm playing a side in league two and they are passing the ball around the back and pinging it around like Barcelona, what the hell is up with that? 

15 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I also hate how all the CPU teams play the exact same. I'm playing a side in league two and they are passing the ball around the back and pinging it around like Barcelona, what the hell is up with that? 

It's just so limited. Part of what makes soccer great (for me) is the identity and tactical variations. Fifa cannot replicate that. 

11 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Can't wait to be able to try the new engine. Crowd effects and chants are all supposed to be legit making it feel more authentic. Pumped

I'm not trying to be overly negative but has enhanced crowd atmosphere been promised like the past five years in a row? I really hope that this year's game is going to be good though, I miss FIFA.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm not trying to be overly negative but has enhanced crowd atmosphere been promised like the past five years in a row? I really hope that this year's game is going to be good though, I miss FIFA.

Not sure about the past 5 years, but last year I felt the difference in graphics and in players response to impact. Seemed like it was the new floor for FIFA in terms of potential with the Frostbite engine. Hoping they build on what had last year

Archived