FIFA 18

Heimdallr

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

I'm likely not getting it on Day One because of Madden, NHL and WWE. I'll likely get it Black Friday when it's cheap again.

I'm torn because if I get it when it first releases I can get it for like $45 through Amazon and I'd have to wait at least several months for it to reach that price. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I'm torn because if I get it when it first releases I can get it for like $45 through Amazon and I'd have to wait at least several months for it to reach that price. 

I've gotten it the last few years during Black Friday for around $30. Last year I found it for $20... O.o

• 4 weeks later...

I played the demo last night and felt pretty impressed. Passing seemed much more smooth and accurate, pace seemed like it was balanced pretty well and the AI defense was much better. They were still good defensively but it wasn't due to the pure BS like it was in 17, if you made a mistake or held the ball too long you would be punished but it was down to your own error and not the AI defenders being mind readers and making impossible challenges. I'm going to play it more tonight but I am definitely leaning towards buying this on release, I had more fun playing the demo of 18 than I did at any point while I was playing 17.

One thing that I really liked is that the players seemed to have a genuine difference to them, Pogba really felt like a strong, fast presence in midfield and I could play some short passes and then burst through the midfield with him, shield a defender away and fire a shot. He wasn't over powered but it felt like his genuine skill set was depicted well in the game. David Silva on the other hand was really easily pushed off the ball but his close control, turning and passing felt like they were a step above most of the other players. I was able to change direction and spin away from a defender much easier than with most other players on my team. I'm hoping this is a sign that the stats for players really drive how they handle and that it isn't just for the top players but I was very impressed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 7:05 AM, LeeEvans said:

I played the demo last night and felt pretty impressed. Passing seemed much more smooth and accurate, pace seemed like it was balanced pretty well and the AI defense was much better. They were still good defensively but it wasn't due to the pure BS like it was in 17, if you made a mistake or held the ball too long you would be punished but it was down to your own error and not the AI defenders being mind readers and making impossible challenges. I'm going to play it more tonight but I am definitely leaning towards buying this on release, I had more fun playing the demo of 18 than I did at any point while I was playing 17.

One thing that I really liked is that the players seemed to have a genuine difference to them, Pogba really felt like a strong, fast presence in midfield and I could play some short passes and then burst through the midfield with him, shield a defender away and fire a shot. He wasn't over powered but it felt like his genuine skill set was depicted well in the game. David Silva on the other hand was really easily pushed off the ball but his close control, turning and passing felt like they were a step above most of the other players. I was able to change direction and spin away from a defender much easier than with most other players on my team. I'm hoping this is a sign that the stats for players really drive how they handle and that it isn't just for the top players but I was very impressed. 

Until they have Aaron Ramsey leaving his MF partner all alone while he tries to play fantasy striker the game isn't real enough for me.

9 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Until they have Aaron Ramsey leaving his MF partner all alone while he tries to play fantasy striker the game isn't real enough for me.

Well the stay back on defense tactic seems to actually work so that is a start. Maybe they'll implement a "recklessly go forward and leave your midfield exposed" tactic in FIFA 19. 

Took one patch for EA to screw everything up. 

Game speed is all over the place now. Players just outright ignoring the ball right in front of them. Players aren't making runs of any kind.

It's a damn mess. Playing the CPU on FUT is a joke. Speed doesn't matter. Just know the CPU cheats. They're always fast, their defenders attack you the second you're near the ball (which yours NEVER DO) and your player will stand around while theirs always move. 

It's funny, because the game in Career Mode doesn't play like that at all...

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm really enjoying career mode. I love how fast your prospects grow if you put them through training every week.

I've barely tried career mode on this one but I started a Southampton save and plan on using their academy to create me starting XI. In FIFA 17 if you trained youth players their physical stats just sucked for their entire career, is it the same this year?

I really enjoyed the my free 10 hours with EA Access, so i bought the game and really enjoyed it, until they released that patch that screwed everything in FUT. I was destroying World Class with ease now i struggle alot agianst it. Like Steel said the speed of the CPU is ridulous, my front 3 of Gnabry, Werner and Pulisic gets beaten for pace by guys like Phil Jones, Mascherano, and Javi Martinez, and online is just as bad. They should have waited on this patch, let people get used to the game before you try to fix it, dissapointed in FUT gameplay so far. 

18 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

I really enjoyed the my free 10 hours with EA Access, so i bought the game and really enjoyed it, until they released that patch that screwed everything in FUT. I was destroying World Class with ease now i struggle alot agianst it. Like Steel said the speed of the CPU is ridulous, my front 3 of Gnabry, Werner and Pulisic gets beaten for pace by guys like Phil Jones, Mascherano, and Javi Martinez, and online is just as bad. They should have waited on this patch, let people get used to the game before you try to fix it, dissapointed in FUT gameplay so far. 

Yup. It was a huge change for the worse. So typical EA, ruining their own game less than a week in. It feels so much like 17 now which is the worst thing possible. 

Also, the blocks are now absolutely insane. It is so hard to get a shot off. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived