Most complete back in NFL history

Kiwibrown

14 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Toss up between Faulk, LT & Payton.

HM: Jim Brown... JB had all the skills. Had he been born in the modern era, his receiving ability would have been utilised more.

If he played today I think he would of been a QB.

6'2" extreme athlete, intelligent and determined and he could throw. 

Same with LT if was an inch or two taller, a better athlete worse arm version of Russel Wilson. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he played today I think he would of been a QB.

6'2" extreme athlete, intelligent and determined and he could throw. 

Same with LT if was an inch or two taller, a better athlete worse arm version of Russel Wilson. 

Yeah, both of those scenarios make sense in today's market. Although RBs still go high if they're elite. 

Hell, if JB didn't make it as a QB, he was tall enough, & talented enough to play WR. There's some footage out there of him making some outanding catches in a variety of different situations. No gloves of course.

3 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Yeah, both of those scenarios make sense in today's market. Although RBs still go high if they're elite. 

Hell, if JB didn't make it as a QB, he was tall enough, & talented enough to play WR. There's some footage out there of him making some outanding catches in a variety of different situations. No gloves of course.

Would you rather Matt Ryans contracts in his 30's or AP's?

Just now, Marc MacGyver said:

Ryan's for sure. I tend to agree with the Kiper Jr philosophy on RBs. Well, at least not until the latter half of the 1st Rnd. 

I agree but exceptions allowed. 
dudes like AP, Saquon, Elliot are legit top 5 players to me. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I agree but exceptions allowed. 
dudes like AP, Saquon, Elliot are legit top 5 players to me. 

No doubt. I love the talent at running back in the league at the moment. It's the most stacked it has been in a number of years. 

And, if I'm honest, watching AP in his prime was more exciting than watching Calvin in his. 

1 minute ago, Marc MacGyver said:

No doubt. I love the talent at running back in the league at the moment. It's the most stacked it has been in a number of years. 

And, if I'm honest, watching AP in his prime was more exciting than watching Calvin in his. 

his game of 296 was exquisite. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

his game of 296 was exquisite. 

A thing of beauty. Prime AP's pure running ability is up there around Barry's.

As much as I like the new guys, I don't believe any of them have AD's ability with ball in hand. They may end up having just as much success, & be considered more complete. But, I can't see any of them making runs like AP did. 

22 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

A thing of beauty. Prime AP's pure running ability is up there around Barry's.

As much as I like the new guys, I don't believe any of them have AD's ability with ball in hand. They may end up having just as much success, & be considered more complete. But, I can't see any of them making runs like AP did. 

Totes.

AP did have his weaknesses, catching and blocking, but a hell of a player. 

Archived