Most complete back in NFL history

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Well then Carlos Hyde also has a chance of being the GOAT RB too.

Gurley is great...he's my favorite RB in the NFL right now. But he shouldn't be mentioned in GOAT discussions. He has had 1 great year, 1 horrendous year, and one elite year. Le'Veon Bell is closer to being in this discussion than Gurley is. And that pains me to say. I hope Bell's ACL falls off and I've always loved me some Gurley.

Eh, not really.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, jrry32 said:

So if someone said when LT was 23 years old that it's possible he'll be in the running in a few years, people should have scoffed at them? This is Football's Future, not Football's Past. 

So should we be talking about Saquon Barkley in this thread then? Because I think he's a better prospect than Gurley was. He could be in the discussion in a few years too.

...but it has nothing to do with his thread. The OP is asking for who the most complete back in NFL history is. Todd Gurley's name shouldn't come out of anyone's mouth.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

So should we be talking about Saquon Barkley in this thread then? Because I think he's a better prospect than Gurley was. He could be in the discussion in a few years too.

...but it has nothing to do with his thread. The OP is asking for who the most complete back in NFL history is. Todd Gurley's name shouldn't come out of anyone's mouth.

Once Saquon does something in the NFL, sure. Gurley is coming off a dominant year, is young, and is paired with one of the best offensive minds in football. Nothing wrong with recognizing his potential.

Sorry Jrry but Gurley's name shouldn't be uttered in the slightest for this thread. Like not even whispered at this point. If any "Current RB" has a case it's Leveon Bell, that's it! Even he though is in a class below LT and Faulk.

The best that I have seen? Easily LT. 

But who was the best all-around RB ever? The answer is still Jim Brown. Even if he couldnt catch...I’d still say he was the best choice because we was easily the most dominant runner ever. And I suspect that he could have been a good receiver if it was en Vogue back then. Again...we are talking about the football equivalent of Wilt Chamberlain...he was just a man among boys. 

As far as today’s backs go, I actually love Zeke’s all-around game. Great balance, power, vision, and blocking. Good speed, agility, and catching. And he’s very durable.

the most complete back I’ve seen since I started watching in the mid 90s is LDT

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

As far as today’s backs go, I actually love Zeke’s all-around game. Great balance, power, vision, and blocking. Good speed, agility, and catching. And he’s very durable.

I'll echo this - Zeke, Gurley, Bell and Johnson probably run even right now as most complete backs.

3 years into the NFL with one disastrous year on his resume and Gurley is being talked about as the GOAT of running backs? lol, I won't even waste my energy on this, that's how ridiculous of a claim it is.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry Jrry but Gurley's name shouldn't be uttered in the slightest for this thread. Like not even whispered at this point. If any "Current RB" has a case it's Leveon Bell, that's it! Even he though is in a class below LT and Faulk.

Gurley has a higher ceiling than Bell. Gurley's always had an enormous ceiling. If someone wants to talk about his potential, I say go for it. Many of you would have shut down this conversation 20 years ago if Faulk were brought up.

On 5/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, MrDrew said:

The lack of Barry Sanders in here saddens me. 

Everybody remembers how elusive he was, but forget how many tackles he broke out of, and what he could do as a receiver. Did he have Okoye/Peyton/Alstott power? No, but very few do. He didn't flatten people, but he also didn't let them bring him down, and he could move a pile. He could also catch when they actually threw him the ball.

I totally agree i was wondering  how long i would read before seeing his name i think a another name that should be at least mentioned is Roger Craig 

Archived