Which team improved the most over the offseason? *On Paper

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Jets. They got their Quaterback and will compete this year for the playoffs and even the division.

and I'm not talking about Sam Darnold either.

giphy.gif

Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear Bridgewater is looking good.. for a while it was seeming like he was going to be an afterthought on the roster.. I still think they end up throwing Darnold out there right away.

7 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Denver has a chance to be up there.

I am not too high on Keenum, but if he can be solid, then the offense could be much improved. They added two rookie WR's in Sutton and Hamilton that could make an immediate impact, a starting RB in Royce Freeman, and a new KR in Phillip Lindsay. Also, they did get TE Jake Butt back (who has good potential).

Defensively, the line is solid, and they added three LB's that could contribute right away in Chubb (who should start across from Von Miller), Josey Jewell, and Jeff Holland. Also, I am seeing some good comments on Isaac Yiadom, the CB they drafted from BC. And, they added Su'a Cravens, a sub-package LB-S that is good in coverage.

this. broncos rookies should be rock solid like moutains

Kinda surprised to not see the Bucs mentioned at all. They didn't do a ton with the offense, but holistically the defense imo is the most improved. The Rams added the most star power, but the Bears and Bucs to me added the most for now and the future

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Kinda surprised to not see the Bucs mentioned at all. They didn't do a ton with the offense, but holistically the defense imo is the most improved. The Rams added the most star power, but the Bears and Bucs to me added the most for now and the future

Completely forgot about the Bucs. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I mean the Browns were 0-16 with an awful roster, they practically win this by default. 

I think the Rams easily improved on paper the most among contenders.

Of the contending teams, I think you have to throw the Vikes into the mix. Adding Cousins should be an upgrade over Keemum and stabilizes the position. The Vikes didn't really lose anyone of note either minus Joe Berger.

The Vikes didn't lose anyone on defense but had a glaring hole for an interior pass rusher. Sheldon Richardson is a big add to the defense.

Adding competition at nickel CB with first round pick Mike Hughes is also big. 

OL really didn't improve but I don't think they got worse either. Guess we will see how much Keenum helped them out.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Between the Ronald Jones selection and the massive overhaul the Bucs have made on their defense, they have to be my vote. 

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

giphy.gif

Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear Bridgewater is looking good.. for a while it was seeming like he was going to be an afterthought on the roster.. I still think they end up throwing Darnold out there right away.

I hope they take their time. If Teddy can manage taking some hits, I think he'll be golden.

and if he does well, then what do they do next offseason when his contract is up?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope they take their time. If Teddy can manage taking some hits, I think he'll be golden.

and if he does well, then what do they do next offseason when his contract is up?

Given their cap room, probably franchise and trade him.  I mean if he's good enough to excel as well as you think he will after the injury he suffered, on a team with almost no offensive line, mediocre running game and one quality starter in their front seven, I would think he's worth a first rounder. 

Archived