Shaq is a man on a mission

Yibbyl

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills-training-camp-shaq-lawson/

This article presents what I believe is a very fair assessment of Shaq's play since being drafted. It pretty much matches what we have been saying, Lawson excels vs. the run, but is a non-factor as a pass-rusher. I do like his focus and determination this off-season though! We really need him to step up this year and I hope his present lack of participation with the 1st stringers is due to quality play from Murphy and not because Lawson is a "bust in progress". I like the competition between the guys here, too. IMO, competition in practice, brings out the drive to succeed in games.

12 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Nice article. I think he'll stay healthy and will be our best DE this season. I feel he'll continue to excel vs the run and I think he'll get us 8-10 sacks as well.

Honestly, I think that would be an incredible season in this system!

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

Honestly, I think that would be an incredible season in this system!

Health is always a concern as well.

If we get a pass rush, and our secondary plays on par and with Tremaine Edmunds added, I believe or defense will enter the top half in the league, maybe even top 1/3. Sounds ambitious but I'm a believer.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:04 AM, BigMountainGoat said:

I think he's gone if any half decent trade offer comes in. He is behind Yarborough on the depth chart, and is not a McDermott / Beane guy. He clearly has some talent but I think it's best all round to let him go if a sensible offer comes in.

Wouldn't exactly say he is behind Yarborough... Feel that Eddie is the primary backup to Hughes as the speedy pass rusher and Shaq is the primary backup to Murphy as the DE who can set the edge.

On 02/06/2018 at 2:04 AM, BigMountainGoat said:

I think he's gone if any half decent trade offer comes in. He is behind Yarborough on the depth chart, and is not a McDermott / Beane guy. He clearly has some talent but I think it's best all round to let him go if a sensible offer comes in.

I think he would've been dealt months ago if he trade bait. I think it would be foolish to deal him at this point

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think he would've been dealt months ago if he trade bait. I think it would be foolish to deal him at this point

I dont think he is traded either but it wouldnt surprise me if an offer did show up to a team who lost a player due to injury and if shaq shows promise during media day practices and preseason he could be traded. Dont forget that Beanes big moves came late in preseason play and he showcased Watkins healthy, this could be the case for shaq as well. As I mentioned I do not see it happening as I could see the bills moving on from Hughes next offseason as they can clear 9.2 mil in cap space if he doesnt perform to the level he is getting paid. The front 7 including the main pass rushers will be something to watch on defense as the only 3 guys I can see sticking around long term are Edmunds, Phillips, and Star as everyone else's contracts are expendable. My prediction of top needs next offseason are: 1. Wr 2. LB 3. Oline 4. Pass Rushers 5. TE 6. Rb if shadys loses a step

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont think he is traded either but it wouldnt surprise me if an offer did show up to a team who lost a player due to injury and if shaq shows promise during media day practices and preseason he could be traded. Dont forget that Beanes big moves came late in preseason play and he showcased Watkins healthy, this could be the case for shaq as well. As I mentioned I do not see it happening as I could see the bills moving on from Hughes next offseason as they can clear 9.2 mil in cap space if he doesnt perform to the level he is getting paid. The front 7 including the main pass rushers will be something to watch on defense as the only 3 guys I can see sticking around long term are Edmunds, Phillips, and Star as everyone else's contracts are expendable. My prediction of top needs next offseason are: 1. Wr 2. LB 3. Oline 4. Pass Rushers 5. TE 6. Rb if shadys loses a step

Pass rushers needs to be way way way way wayyyyyyyy higher on that list. Arguably the second most important position in football and we have squat there. We definitely need a starting linebacker and depth but i really like Milano, and Edmunds has tremendous potential. Or WR Corp is also a joke and needs to be redone.

Pass rush is clearly #1 need for me though.

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Pass rushers needs to be way way way way wayyyyyyyy higher on that list. Arguably the second most important position in football and we have squat there. We definitely need a starting linebacker and depth but i really like Milano, and Edmunds has tremendous potential. Or WR Corp is also a joke and needs to be redone.

Pass rush is clearly #1 need for me though.

We invested a couple picks for a future qb its time to invest in a deep threat wr. Pass rushers arent a huge thing in McDermotts scheme as he only rushed 4 half the snaps and only blitzed 35% last year. He is about containment with his LBs and DBs. Thats where he sees them as more valuable. Even if Milano does end up going full season you still need a full time on the opposite side of him with Edmunds in the middle. Pass Rusher may be 3rd depending on the oline. If the oline works out then pass rusher will jump them. McDermott has been making tweaks to that defense to stop the run so I am more confident in the defense then I am in the offense. The oline is suspect and with Allen going to be long term we need to make sure he has the protection and the weapons to be successful. I do not want to hear any excuses of him not succeding because of the lack of protection or weapons available to throw to. We were 8th in sacks in 2016 and our defense was garbage its not an exciting thing to discuss but playing containment and shutting down the scoring is what I care about.

Archived