2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

52 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So if Klay can’t go tonight does that redeem JR Smith?

I say there's no redeeming JR Smith, short of JR hitting a game winner and the Cavs winning the series.  Inexcusable to be a space cadet in crunch time of the finals while you're getting paid millions, especially after that kind of performance from Lebron.  I know it's happened before(Magic Johnson for example), but we're still talking about Magic's blunder 30 years later, and Magic went on to win like 3 more finals.

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I say there's no redeeming JR Smith, short of JR hitting a game winner and the Cavs winning the series.  Inexcusable to be a space cadet in crunch time of the finals while you're getting paid millions, especially after that kind of performance from Lebron.  I know it's happened before(Magic Johnson for example), but we're still talking about Magic's blunder 30 years later, and Magic went on to win like 3 more finals.

Lebron had been doing it himself the whole game. I can’t believe he passed the ball with curry on him and 5 seconds left 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron had been doing it himself the whole game. I can’t believe he passed the ball with curry on him and 5 seconds left 

Wrong decision in hindsight sure, but it wasn't a bad play.  Hill is a good free throw shooter.  

28 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:
44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wrong decision in hindsight sure, but it wasn't a bad play.  Hill is a good free throw shooter.  

And if he wasn't grabbed he would have had an open lay up. It wasn't the wrong decision at all.

The idea that a star should necessarily take it upon himself to shoot is one of the most asinine takes in all of sports. Whoever's hands I put the ball in whether Lebron, MJ, Magic, etc what I want and expect is for them to make the play that gives the team the best chance to win. Even with Curry on him whether he goes jump shot or drives which inevitably leads the defense to collapse it will not have a greater probability of success than making a play for an open lay up or putting a player who's FT% is 15 points higher on the line. Lebron's greatness comes from being able to take over a game scoring like the best or passing like the best. It is ridiculous to claim that in clutch time he should limit his own skill set to appease this dumb take.

It is true, Harden in that situation with Curry on him and KD/Green waiting to double him he drived would have shot his patented step back like he did all series vs the Dubs……. And missed badly. 

Seriously, we're still on that play? You would think it was a turnover or something the way it is being talked about. Dude was going to have a reverse lay up with NO help in site. And a 80% FT shooter got fouled with a chance to win. This should be a non-story. 

As for Klay, I just don't see how he could play and play effectively when he still had that noticeable limp yesterday. You're going from that to being able to play in 24 hours? Really? Just sit out and get ready to go on Wednesday. 

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

It wasn’t a bad play, it was the smart play. Lebron has always elected to make the smart play or more efficient play over him forcing a tough shot. 

Archived