2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Whats the record for most finals losses by a player? is it 8 by Jerry West? Lebron still has something to shoot for. 

I actually respect your hatred towards LeBron. It is actually close to being on par of how defensive you get about people trashing Harden for not coming through in big moments. 

So Steph or KD, who gets finals MVP? Is this the year Steph finally gets it, or going to KD again? I think a lot of it will depend on if the Cavs continue to trap Curry on every high screen. If they do, then they basically let the Dubs play 4 on 3. I remember towards the end of the series they just started switching the pick and pops between Steph and KD, and KD DESTROYED both JR and Irving. Cavs have on paper at least better defenders this year with Hill/Green. They will also slow the tempo like LeBron did in 2015 when he was playing without Kyrie. 

With Love likely to start at C, KD better be taking it to the hole damn near every time he touches the ball. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually respect your hatred towards LeBron. It is actually close to being on par of how defensive you get about people trashing Harden for not coming through in big moments. 

I mean, to be fair, when was the last time that James Harden had a huge potential game like a Game 7 and then choked away a double digit lead? You'd have to go back at least 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean, to be fair, when was the last time that James Harden had a huge potential game like a Game 7 and then choked away a double digit lead? You'd have to go back at least 24 hours.

Oh yeah, but I bet you can't name another double digit lead a Harden led team blew in a close out game.....Oh wait lol. 

37 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

And don't forget the French Open with Rafael Nadal competing to get his eleventh major at the same event to tie any player in history in wins at a single Grand Slam Final. Of course, Novak Djokavic, Andy Murray and Rodger Federer are all not competing and Stan Wawrinka and Juan Martin Del Potro are both injured and out of form...

Are you trying to put me to sleep?

I think people are kidding themselves if they really don't think there is a chance that this is a series. Would I bet on it? HELL NO, but Lebron is one of the GOATs playing some of the best ball of his career. Can never completely count him out, no matter how bad we perceive this supporting cast as being. Of course so many "ifs" need to happen, and the Warriors need to continue underperforming for at least 2 quarters every night like they have, for it to be a series, but worth watching. 

I'm as sick of this lopsided matchup as everyone else. On one side you have a team that is a shoe in because they have an unbelievable super team, on the other you have a team that is a shoe in because they're in an unbelievably consistently weak conference, but it is what it is. I mean we all expected this from day 1, damn Rockets and Celtics just got our hopes up.

If the Cavs win game 1 then sure it could be a series. It will take LeBron slowing the tempo like he did in 2015 and making the game into a grind and his shooters making enough shots. It will be reminiscent to what the Rockets did in games 4/5. But that will also take the Cavs playing defense on the level of the Rockets which is VERY unlikely. Also will take KD/Curry being ice cold from the perimeter. 

I will say if Iggy doesn't go and LeBron is able to put Durant in foul trouble or whoever guards him, then it becomes mildly interesting. Unlike Harden, LeBron isn't just going to settle for those stupid step back 3s and bail the defense out. 

Gotch damn, just remembered we will be seeing a lot of Looney/Bell/West switched out on LeBron. But they may elect not to switch the pick and roll if TT is in the game. Either way, I'm leaving Jeff Green wide open all game and making him hit some open threes. 

57 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think people are kidding themselves if they really don't think there is a chance that this is a series. Would I bet on it? HELL NO, but Lebron is one of the GOATs playing some of the best ball of his career. Can never completely count him out, no matter how bad we perceive this supporting cast as being. Of course so many "ifs" need to happen, and the Warriors need to continue underperforming for at least 2 quarters every night like they have, for it to be a series, but worth watching. 

I'm as sick of this lopsided matchup as everyone else. On one side you have a team that is a shoe in because they have an unbelievable super team, on the other you have a team that is a shoe in because they're in an unbelievably consistently weak conference, but it is what it is. I mean we all expected this from day 1, damn Rockets and Celtics just got our hopes up.

I'm getting tired of hearing about his supporting cast, too. It could be way better, but it's not as bad as most people make it out to be. They basically have LeBron, and a bunch of shooters. All they really need is for LeBron to do his thing, have the other guys hit some shots when they need to, and play defense just well enough. The team doesn't really need much else. That is, until they play Golden State. But against pretty much any other team (especially in the East), that roster is okay enough to win a 7 game series with LeBron and they have shown it.

14 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I'm getting tired of hearing about his supporting cast, too. It could be way better, but it's not as bad as most people make it out to be. They basically have LeBron, and a bunch of shooters. All they really need is for LeBron to do his thing, have the other guys hit some shots when they need to, and play defense just well enough. The team doesn't really need much else. That is, until they play Golden State. But against pretty much any other team (especially in the East), that roster is okay enough to win a 7 game series with LeBron and they have shown it.

I digress.

Love isn’t bad but he is overrated and always has been since his days in Minnesota. Plus he sucks on defense.

JR is a complete wild card and provides you nothing you can count on night in and night out.

Hill is a solid piece, but he is a bench player not a starting caliber PG.

Thompson is a great energy guy and plays good defense. But he gives you nothing on offense.

Korver is one of the best 3 point shooters of all time. But he’s also a 37 year old who can’t defend.

Clarkson sucks. Need I say more?

Nance Jr. is below average.

Green is average.

Hood we don’t even know if he will enter the game for you or not.

This is like a 25 win lottery team without Lebron. Putrid supporting cast.

Archived