2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

Yeah if you watched this team no one can truly argue it isnt anything more than a steaming pile of garbage without LeBron.

A part of it is due to LeBrons insistence on building a super team, causing us to have no quality depth. 

Kevin Love is bad on defense. The only advantage of him is that teams for some reason still respect him and thus have to dedicate a good defender on him.

Our only hope is Cedi Osman truly becomes the Turkic LeBron

When you look at the talent player by player, this Cavs team should be so much better, but it's just a combination of them all coincidentally being overrated prior to Cleveland and/or under performing. On paper, I'd say this squad is better than those 07 or 08 squads, but they obviously played so much better. Also have to factor in coaching, the Cavs legitimately have one of the worst coaches in the NBA. 

IF these role players play to their potential these Cavs could be just good enough to win a ring IF Lebron continues god mode AND the Warriors shoot themselves in the foot in a variety of ways. I doubt all this happens, the role players haven't shown up yet and I don't expect them to now, so Warriors probably win in 5 as they are the overwhelmingly superior team.... but to me the door is slightly open thanks to Lebron.

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

And don't forget the French Open with Rafael Nadal competing to get his eleventh major at the same event to tie any player in history in wins at a single Grand Slam Final. Of course, Novak Djokavic, Andy Murray and Rodger Federer are all not competing and Stan Wawrinka and Juan Martin Del Potro are both injured and out of form...

Djokavic (the one name on there that can actually beat Nadal on clay) is competing. 

8 hours ago, Mossburg said:

So what are some legit reasons to actually watch this?

A top 2 player ever is having a legendary postseason run. Watch him while you can. Even if he gets trounced in 4-5.

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh, this take is bad.

They're the 2 best teams in the finals. That's not a bad thing. And we got 2 Game 7s, so it's not like there was zero drama along the way. 

Warriors yes....Cavs..........

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually respect your hatred towards LeBron. It is actually close to being on par of how defensive you get about people trashing Harden for not coming through in big moments. 

So Steph or KD, who gets finals MVP? Is this the year Steph finally gets it, or going to KD again? I think a lot of it will depend on if the Cavs continue to trap Curry on every high screen. If they do, then they basically let the Dubs play 4 on 3. I remember towards the end of the series they just started switching the pick and pops between Steph and KD, and KD DESTROYED both JR and Irving. Cavs have on paper at least better defenders this year with Hill/Green. They will also slow the tempo like LeBron did in 2015 when he was playing without Kyrie. 

With Love likely to start at C, KD better be taking it to the hole damn near every time he touches the ball. 

Love will probably suffer some sort of "injury" to avoid the embarrassment of getting destroyed every time GS has the ball.

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I digress.

Love isn’t bad but he is overrated and always has been since his days in Minnesota. Plus he sucks on defense.

JR is a complete wild card and provides you nothing you can count on night in and night out.

Hill is a solid piece, but he is a bench player not a starting caliber PG.

Thompson is a great energy guy and plays good defense. But he gives you nothing on offense.

Korver is one of the best 3 point shooters of all time. But he’s also a 37 year old who can’t defend.

Clarkson sucks. Need I say more?

Nance Jr. is below average.

Green is average.

Hood we don’t even know if he will enter the game for you or not.

This is like a 25 win lottery team without Lebron. Putrid supporting cast.

This is selling the Cavs short. Hill was very good in Utah last year. Hood was a solid player for Utah. Korver is quite good at his role. Love is an All Star. Nance Jr. is a solid role player. Green and Clarkson aren't that good. Thompson is limited, but he's also good at what he does. Cleveland's biggest issue is that they don't have a coach who can elevate talent. Give Quin Snyder, Pop, and Brad Stevens those guys, they'd make them look quite useful.

So sick of hearing about how much of a hindrance Lebrons supporting cast is when hes the main reason he is surrounded by subpar talent.

Hes the ruler of that team and that's the way he likes it. He doesn't want anyone giving him any pushback and wants to construct his teams as he sees fit.

Hes the best player in the world, but I dont really see every free agent sprinting to play with him. 

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

So sick of hearing about how much of a hindrance Lebrons supporting cast is when hes the main reason he is surrounded by subpar talent.

Hes the ruler of that team and that's the way he likes it. He doesn't want anyone giving him any pushback and wants to construct his teams as he sees fit.

Hes the best player in the world, but I dont really see every free agent sprinting to play with him. 

Hell, Kyrie wanted to get away from him.

Archived