2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

His coach did him no favors when he told the press that TT was upset Shaun took the shot

Woof. Lue needs to go. When LeBron goes, the Cavs need to make a move for a real coach.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

BUT MAH NARRATIVE. 

LeBron can literally do no wrong for some people. 

It's Mission. You aren't supposed to take him seriously.

I can't fault KD for heading to Golden State because I can see the allure of joining up with a team that already looked like it could be on a special run even without him. 

But I don't know that it has necessarily been good for his development as a basketball player. You see guys like LeBron add to their repertoire in the offseason and show us something we didn't know they could do from season to season. And I can't really remember something we've seen from KD. Seems like that entire team is just coasting. 

Obviously way too early to be talking legacy about KD because he has a long way to go. All time great scorer already. But to me, a huge part of his career story and a major defining factor will be that he couldn't do it before and needed the foundation of a 70+ win team to get over the hill.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Compare what Thompson is doing to this:

suhh.0.gif

It's the same form. He's not contesting the shot there. It was an attempt at a dirty play to punish Livingston for shooting.

How can you honestly think these two plays are the same. 

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif?re

Just now, mission27 said:

No but I do get to decide whether I think Kevin Durant is a coward tbh 

And he is

No, I get to decide whether you think KD is a coward. He is not. You love KD. You realized that the smuggest move of all time is going to an already stacked team and giving Russell Westbrook the finger in the process.

Just now, flyers0909 said:

How can you honestly think these two plays are the same. 

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif?re

Sigh. I didn't say they were the same. It would be nice if you read what I said rather than jumping to conclusions. Suh is using a forearm shiver. Thompson did the same thing. He didn't connect. Suh did.(and Suh is far, far, far stronger and meaner)

Just now, RollEagles said:

I can't fault KD for heading to Golden State because I can see the allure of joining up with a team that already looked like it could be on a special run even without him. 

But I don't know that it has necessarily been good for his development as a basketball player. You see guys like LeBron add to their repertoire in the offseason and show us something we didn't know they could do from season to season. And I can't really remember something we've seen from KD. Seems like that entire team is just coasting. 

Obviously way too early to be talking legacy about KD because he has a long way to go. All time great scorer already. But to me, a huge part of his career story and a major defining factor will be that he couldn't do it before and needed the foundation of a 70+ win team to get over the hill.

The biggest thing against KD is that the Thunder had the Warriors on the ropes before they choked harder than the Warriors vs the Cavs that year.  Had he gone anywhere else, even to another contender, I don't think anyone would've held KD's decision against him.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sigh. I didn't say they were the same. It would be nice if you read what I said rather than jumping to conclusions. Suh is using a forearm shiver. Thompson did the same thing. He didn't connect. Suh did.(and Suh is far, far, far stronger and meaner)

Saying those are even close is like calling me the best mod on the site... which even I know is a lie.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

The biggest thing against KD is that the Thunder had the Warriors on the ropes before they choked harder than the Warriors vs the Cavs that year.  Had he gone anywhere else, even to another contender, I don't think anyone would've held KD's decision against him.

Yeah that's a big part of it too. 

Championships and all that are great and I'm sure he's having a lot of fun with the Warriors. But I don't think he's progressing as a basketball player in the way that all time greats do. Feels like he's leveling off and just content coasting with this Warriors team

Cavs got robbed, what atrocious officiating throughout the entire game. I worry about Lebron being able to keep this up for 4+ more games. I sense this will be similar to the 2015 finals where it's close early but when Lebron runs out of steam, it all will come crashing down. 

Archived