Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Big fan of Thiem and Med. Zverev and Tsit are mental midgets. Just choke artists in the big moments. Zverev vs Thiem in the US Open comes to mind. 

Keep an eye on Sinner. He is going to make that leap soon. Only 19 years old.

I love watching Kyrgios because he is so talented but he just acts like he doesn’t give a **** sometimes. 

We have been spoiled by the big 3. It sucks it will be ending relatively soon. Obviously Fed will be the first to go. Think he had knee surgeries this year and that’s why he didn’t play.

Yeah, we most definitely got spoiled by those 3. I'm a HUGE Stan Wawrinka fan and I feel like he would've been a STAR in any other era. I don't want the big 3 to be done but I do want someone to make that next step and take the reins. Thiem seems most poised to do it as we stand today.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The women's quarters is a who's who of "who?" with Osaka, Serena, Kenin, etc all knocked out/withdrawn. Coco Gauff is the only well known player still alive. Well, I guess people might know Swiatek but the rest of the field is just as random as you'll ever see.

On 6/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, agarcia34 said:

This Novak/Nadal match has been everything you could hope for. Think Tsitsipas beats either one of them in the final 

I'm so pissed I had to work and am working again, not able to watch. Your prediction is looking good so far; Tsitsipas won the 1st in a tiebreak and is up a break in the 2nd.

Djokovic had been playing with fire. Down 2 sets in the quarterfinal before his comeback, slugfest against Nadal in the semifinals where he lost the first and had multiple close calls of being down 2 sets in that match, and now about to be down 2 sets again.

Can he make another comeback?

Tsitsipas been the best player on clay this year. Got the first two sets needs to buckle down and end it. 

No one has beaten Nadal before the final at the French open and has gone on to win it. Djokovic been on the losing side of that once already. Trying to become the first. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Tsitsipas been the best player on clay this year. Got the first two sets needs to buckle down and end it. 

No one has beaten Nadal before the final at the French open and has gone on to win it. Djokovic been on the losing side of that once already. Trying to become the first. 

That's actually a funny stat. Didn't realize that.

Here comes Novak. Won the 3rd and now up a break in the 4th.