Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, DirtyDez said:

You can do the same thing with all three to some degree.  Nadal has been the most dominant on clay, Federer grass and Djokovic hard court. 

That some degree is very much a stretch. If Rafa wins the French next year, it would be his 15th title of that alone. he's not won any other Slam more than 4 times. Rafa is great but that clay court far more favors him and I will call him the best clay player of all time, but the lack of title presence across other surfaces makes me hesitant to call him the GOAT.

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

That some degree is very much a stretch. If Rafa wins the French next year, it would be his 15th title of that alone. he's not won any other Slam more than 4 times. Rafa is great but that clay court far more favors him and I will call him the best clay player of all time, but the lack of title presence across other surfaces makes me hesitant to call him the GOAT.

He’s won the French 12 times and other majors 7 times.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Barty, Halep and Kvitova are the only players seeded in the top 10 through to the 4th round. 9th seed Kiki Bertens plays soon but, still, 4 outta 10 is hilarious. Women's tennis is awesome to watch right now because you have zero clue who is going to win it all. That's what makes it fun. Total opposite of the men where it's almost guaranteed to be Nadal vs Djokovic.

Women's Top 10 seeds in the 3rd round...

(1) Barty won in straight sets, (10) Keys lost in straight sets, (7) Kvitova won in straight sets, (3) Osaka lost in straight sets, (8) Williams lost in 3 sets, (6) Bencic got walloped in straight sets (6-0, 6-1), (4) Halep won in straight sets, (5) Svitolina got destroyed in straight sets (6-1, 6-2), (2) Pliskova lost in straight sets and (9) Bertens still has to play.

Edited by beekay414