Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm not familiar. What's up? Crowd seems to dislike him for some reason. Why? I haven't heard a lot hype around him but he is playing so well. The match commentators are giving him props.

He was rude to a towel girl, threw his racquet, yelled at and flipped off the umpire, and trolled the crowd after he won.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This reminds me of the US Open between Federer and JMDP...except Nadal held on.

Dug deep after being down 1-0 in the 5th set and having to fight off two break points. Nadal had a hell of a majors run in 2019. Played very well and gave himself a shot to win each tournament. Had pretty much a Djokovic type of year in that regard when he is on top of his game and always in the finals or at the very least in the semi-finals. Wouldn't be surprised if Nadal wins two majors next year as well. He's at the very least tying up Federer next year and likely surpassing him. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dug deep after being down 1-0 in the 5th set and having to fight off two break points. Nadal had a hell of a majors run in 2019. Played very well and gave himself a shot to win each tournament. Had pretty much a Djokovic type of year in that regard when he is on top of his game and always in the finals or at the very least in the semi-finals. Wouldn't be surprised if Nadal wins two majors next year as well. He's at the very least tying up Federer next year and likely surpassing him. 

Yep, was the best player this year. Won 2 Slams, only player to make all 4 SFs in the Slams, and will be year end #1. Looking good going into next season.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Take out the French Open dominance by Nadal, and what do you all think of him compared to Djokavic and Federer?

You can do the same thing with all three to some degree.  Nadal has been the most dominant on clay, Federer grass and Djokovic hard court.  

Next year’s Aussie Open is a big one because we know who’s winning the French in May.  That would tie Nadal with Fed depending on the Aussie.  I hope all 3 are healthy because it could be the most dramatic tennis season ever.

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

You can do the same thing with all three to some degree.  Nadal has been the most dominant on clay, Federer grass and Djokovic hard court.  

Next year’s Aussie Open is a big one because we know who’s winning the French in May.  That would tie Nadal with Fed depending on the Aussie.  I hope all 3 are healthy because it could be the most dramatic tennis season ever.

Add in the up and coming Medvedev and it's all must watch tennis. So ready for the Aussie.