Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

Still feel great with my Medv ticket. Will easily play the least amount of sets then Djokovic heading into a possible finals match up while Djokovic has to go against Berrettini and Zverev. Medv has Botic and FAA or Alcaraz. A dream draw when it came out that some how got even better as the tournament went on 

30 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hope Djokovic/Zverev is a great match 

Same. I think it has a chance to be a genuinely great one, if Sasha doesn’t shrink from the moment. 

I would love to see Sasha pull it off, if for no other reason than Fowler/McEnroe have been absolutely nauseating with their Djoker love. It was painful listening to them chastise the crowd during the Rune match for not properly supporting Novak, and it’s been more of the same since. 

The part that gets me is that their lament seems to be “people aren’t appreciating Novak,” but I think everyone appreciates what a brilliant player he is. They just don’t like him. It reminds me of LeBron James. Everyone, even the biggest haters, knows he’s an unbelievable, all-time great player. But I think people respond poorly to him because he comes off phony — charming and magnanimous when he’s winning, but indulgent and whiny and petulant when things aren’t going well. They’ve both made strides in terms of that sort of mental strength as they’ve gotten older, but I think that’s why people have never warmed up to them, especially when compared to some of the legends they're trying to join (or surpass). There’s no justification for not appreciating Novak’s greatness, but I think people are allowed to just plain not like him and not want to pull for him.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Same. I think it has a chance to be a genuinely great one, if Sasha doesn’t shrink from the moment. 

I would love to see Sasha pull it off, if for no other reason than Fowler/McEnroe have been absolutely nauseating with their Djoker love. It was painful listening to them chastise the crowd during the Rune match for not properly supporting Novak, and it’s been more of the same since. 

Fowler has been so bad about that for years.

Zverev takes the 1st. Let's go.