Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Fowler has been so bad about that for years.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Fowler with tennis is the worst. I wish they would let Brad Gilbert do the big matches.

While we’re on the topic of the obnoxious announcing, I don’t know if McEnroe is intentionally mispronouncing Zverev’s name, or if he just doesn’t care enough to learn how to do it right, but either way it’s pretty disrespectful. I can’t imagine how he would have reacted if — even after he’d won almost 20 titles, won the Tour Finals, won a gold medal, played in GS finals, and been a top 5 player for years — some announcer was still insisting on calling him “Mick-en-roe.”

And I say that as someone who usually enjoys McEnroe.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Zverev collapsed. Tough finish to the match for him.

Two years in a row on Arthur Ashe. At least this time it wasn’t a situation where he was clearly out in front and then blew it, I guess. He just wasn’t able to come back and close the deal. 

Some work on the net game is clearly in order, and that could really take his offense to a new level. But if the first serve continues to desert him when the pressure is on, it sure feels like he’s going to continue to falter near the finish line. 

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Cannot wait to see Medv beat him on Sunday. Its time

Not going to happen man, i know you bet on him and it seems like good timing, fresher legs, seems like the regular career arc but djokovic is no regular legend.

Raducanu what a tournament she played great tennis and went from qualy to champ* (oh god spoke to soon) thats what sports are about.

Edited by ifeelasleep

7 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Not going to happen man, i know you bet on him and it seems like good timing, fresher legs, seems like the regular career arc but djokovic is no regular legend.

Raducanu what a tournament she played great tennis and went from qualy to champ* thats what sports are about.

Djokovic has been vulnerable so that gives me the confidence that it can happen. Crowd will be 100% pro Djokovic and as we seen before that won’t effect Medv. Think he will feed off that as we seen him do a couple years ago. 

All the pressure is on him to win. We’ll see I believe that Medv can pull it off. 

Raducanu played the qualifiers to get into the tournament and won it all. Incredible story. Can’t imagine we will ever see that again. 

Monster payday and now gets into all the majors now. She will make way more money off endorsement now. Life changing event for her 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1